Our international clients include government and defence organisations focussed on their national cyber mission. We are looking for candidates with a strong understanding of cyber security operations which they can apply to helping customers improve their operations, gaining full value from their use of monitoring tools and threat intelligence.
The role is to work onsite with international government clients, primarily in their security operations functions. This may involve working in classified environments. The role draws on technical skills to work with in-country teams to get the best use from their tooling, and is likely to have a significant coaching and upskilling element, as well as creating processes to help build effectiveness in the team.
This role will involve international travel, so candidates need to be willing and able to travel for extended periods.
- Support customer with day-to-day security operations in a coaching capacity
- Understand Threat Intelligence and its use in an operational environment
- Use and support client teams in gaining value from their Security Operations technology
- Deliver security operations training to clients as required
- Support incident response to national scale incidents in a coaching capacity
- Establish and build relationships with stakeholders
- Formulate strategy for improvements to security operations, and communicate in business language to a range of stakeholders.
- Work with other teams within BAE to improve services on the basis of customer needs.
- Basic Python and/or scripting skills
- Working with a range of security tooling/technology
- Strong understanding of security architecture, in particular networking
- Detailed understanding of threat intelligence and threat actors, TTPs and operationalising threat intelligence.
- Experience in investigating complex network intrusions (by state-sponsored groups or targeted ransomware attacks).
- Client side consulting, including stakeholder engagement and the ability to communicate insights and concepts to others (including briefing skills and report writing)
- Coaching mindset: the longer term role is not to do the job for the customers, but to mentor them to do it themselves.
- Security process development
- Able to understand and adapt to different cultures and hierarchical structures.
- Self-starter and capable of independent working
- Software engineering experience
- Penetration testing skills
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.