MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: Up to £55k + Excellent Bonus and Benefits
Part time working considered
MBDA is the leading European supplier of Missiles and Missile Systems. Our Actuation Systems group specialises in the design and development of missile actuation systems. An opportunity has arisen to join this dynamic team as a Motor Control Systems Engineer, leading the design, development and validation of control systems across a range of actuator products.
The Motor Control Systems Engineer will work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary design team, owning the design, development and proving of control algorithms and ensuring that Customer performance requirements are successfully met. Responsibilities may include:-
- Development of control algorithms for both analogue and digital systems, typically in the control of BLDC motors.
- Modelling of Actuation Systems and conducting performance assessments.
- Identification of sub-system requirements (mechanical, electronics, software).
- Identification of suitable electromechanical components (particularly motors and sensors), working co-operatively with suppliers where needed.
- Definition of design proving plans and conducting design proving tests in support of product qualification.
What we’re looking for
- Experience utilising the MATLAB / Simulink toolset for the generation of control algorithms ready for deployment within embedded systems.
- The ability to derive governing system equations (i.e. system transfer functions) across a range of electronic and mechanical systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a design team from a range of backgrounds.
- Knowledge of position sensors, microprocessors and software development would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of electric motors and drive / commutation strategies e.g. Field Oriented Control (FOC) or Space Vector Pulse Width Modulation (SVPWM) techniques.
- Understanding of DO-178C or DO-331 coding standards.
What’s in it for you?
- Being at the core of the design team you will have the opportunity to:-
- Experience product development across the full product lifecycle from concept development through to production and in service support.
- Develop technical skills and knowledge with structured skills development and training programmes.
- Work across multi-national teams on projects for customers across our partner nations.
- Lead research and development task packages.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment, site facilities in an excellent location for commuter access, *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.