About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
Are you passionate about working with cutting-edge technology and self-motivated to find innovative solutions to complex challenges as part of a team who help keep the UK safe?
As a key member of the team, you’ll be working with our Customers to build systems that support their core mission capabilities. You’ll work as part of empowered, autonomous Scrum and DevOps teams with regular contact with end-users to flexibly implement solutions that achieve their outcomes.
Not only will your team be directly making a huge impact upon the systems you work on, you’ll be doing it for an organisation who makes a huge impact to the prosperity and security of the UK.
Today, we have over 3,000 staff in 26 offices serving clients across the UK and Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our people apply intelligence to protect and enhance national and organisational assets so that they can grow and prosper – from improving the health and efficiency of leading corporations to protecting critical infrastructures, safeguarding vulnerable people and catching criminals.
About The Team
Our Scrum Engineering teams architect, design and build software products that solve our clients’ business problems in a scalable and comprehensive way. We focus on outcomes, but achieving them in the right way. We embrace continuous improvement and failing. We use the latest technology stacks, methodologies and approach to achieve outstanding results for out clients.
What You Will Be Doing
- Undertake the role of a Scrum Master within co-located and geographically spread Agile teams
- Guide and coach the development team, Product Owner and the wider business on better understanding Agile and Scrum practices and values;
- Work closely and diligently with Product Owners and other stakeholders to better understand their requirements and user stories;
- Ensure the Product Owner defines and maintains the Product Backlog using the I.N.V.E.S.T model.
- Work well with other SCRUM Teams and SCRUM Masters, ensure cross SCRUM team alignment and synchronisation of our software releases.
- Protect the development team from external and internal distractions;
- Remove impediments so the development team can focus on the work at hand; or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment;
- Facilitate getting the work done without assigning or dictating the work
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Definition and adaption of the development process to be followed by the team;
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiate information;
- Ensure that the Scrum process does not impede development team progress;
- Gather and process development team metrics and KPI’s to support continuous improvement;
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Provide necessary progress reports and interpretation and recommendations as a result of these reports.
- Work up and down the organisation to promote a proactive Agile development environment.
- Evangelise and undertake coaching for Agile teams
Skills and Experience
- Professional Qualification (degree or significant industry experience)
- SCRUM Master experience (preferred 2 years or more)
- Agile development methods (e.g. Scrum / DSDM / XP / Kanban)
- Good understanding of Software Development lifecycle and best practices
- Agile tooling (Jira etc)
- Good understanding of Automation and Continuous Integration practices
- Experience of end to end solution development in a commercial environment
- Excellent inter-personal, negotiation, communication and conflict management skills
- Excellent analytical skills (listening, questioning, challenging, modelling etc.)
- Experience of delivering development projects on time and within budget.
- Able to brief up to Executive level with ease
- Able to chair and manage workshops and meetings
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.