Here at Cavendish Nuclear, we have an excellent role on offer for a skilled Instrument Mechanic, where you will have the opportunity to work with complex pieces of equipment within a regulated environment. This role delivers in line with all aspects of safety, quality, and environmental standards within the team.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who has experience repairing, maintaining and calibrating Radiation Protection instruments and associated equipment. Experience of the Nuclear industry is highly desirable however other regulated / technical industry backgrounds will also be considered.
What will you be doing?
• Working safely in accordance with all safety, quality, security, environmental and site instructions and requirements
• Repair, maintain, calibrate and test Radiation Protection Instruments to ensure customer work demands are met
• Working to maintain instructions and record information accurately
• Conforming to local procedures, rules and working practices to ensure compliance with specified regulatory and customer requirements
• Provide technical advice, updates on work progress and other relevant information to customer as required
• Acts as a mentor for other team members as required, including apprentices and new entrants to department to ensure standards and best practices are maintained
The experience you’ll bring
• Apprenticeship or equivalent training in relevant discipline (e.g. Electronic, Electrical, Instrumentation, Technology fields)
• 5 GCSE or equivalent (at Grade C or above) including English, a Science subject and Maths at a minimum of Grade B
• Knowledge and understanding of conventional and nuclear safety
• Proven experience of servicing electronic instrument systems
• All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
What a role with Cavendish Nuclear offers?
Use this section to showcase the benefits on offer. List the benefits and perks they will receive e.g.
• Generous holiday entitlement
• Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
• Share ownership scheme
• Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
• A tailored personal development and training programme.
• Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.