Product Engineer (SAP ABAP & BW)
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur (MY)
- Closing date
- 7 Feb 2022
- Design, Manufacturing & Production, Systems, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
Product Engineers operate, change and grow software that has either been developed, customized or configured to add value to the customer. This is a multi-functional role that works with a Product Team to deliver business value through a high quality product using optimized-flow delivery models based on Agile practices such as Scrum and Kanban.
Product Engineers will be involved in supporting users, defining new features and functionality and implementing change under the guidance and servant leadership of the Product Owner, Product Architect and the Product Delivery Lead. Product Engineers will work in a highly collaborative, visible and measured environment and will stimulate experimentation, innovation and continuous improvement.
Product Engineers will have a deep understanding of SAP ECC and SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (PI) and Process Orchestration (PO) technologies and how the platform is configured for the business, and they will use processes, tools and culture to continuously improve what they do and how they work for the delight of the customer. DevOps practices is used to bring development and operations teams together focusing on constant testing and delivery. Adding value everyday will be a key goal.
The Product Engineer will be:
- Responsible for designing, configuring, developing & supporting ABAP, User Exit, BADIs and integration components (REST, Abap-Proxy adapters, IDOC, JDBC, & SOAP) of the solution and will be accountable for the quality of the design and delivery of the components.
- Responsible for adhering to standards, governance and best practices set out by the Product Architect and responsible for mitigating technical debt/risks/issues
- Responsible for being an active contributor in the Devops team, supporting the application, resolving incidents/problems,reducing technical debt and developing new features to help enable the business through ERP.
- Review establish and adhere to appropriate governance and configuration control
- Driving issue resolution and resolve underpinning problems
- Work with customers to introduce innovation and evolve product
- Have significant understanding a specific scope, functional capability or module and how this interfaces with the other components of the system.
- Have understanding of a secondary functional capability or module
- Work with suppliers, customer, team members and industry peers to continuously improve delivery
- Document technical business requirements /problems into format that business can understand
- Contribute to protecting the products from technical debt and process debt
- A working foundation in process frameworks like ITIL, Prince2 and Agile with experience in executing these in a highly automotive, high velocity output and consistently changing operational environment
- Will provide out of hours support for Severity 1 and 2 incidents in order to meet agreed Service Level Agreements. (with appropriate out of hours compensation in line with company policy)
- Be flexible in terms of hours of work to enable a 3-4 hour overlap with UK normal working time, and working full hours during UK normal working time on rotation basis(with appropriate overtime payments in line with company policy)
The Product Engineer will have:
- Track record of successful delivery playing an active part in the implementation of SAP ERP and integrated enterprise systems for medium to large organisations.
- Hands on experience in designing, developing, configuring, supporting customised and standard ABAP programs across SAP ERP Modules and integration with 3rd party application.
- Solid understanding of ABAP and technical workings, components and architecture
- Solid understanding of creation of PI/PO functions for integrations and development in Enterprise Service Repository and Integration Builder.
- Knowledge on SAP Workflow, SAP Basis & Authorization concepts.
- Knowledge of Restful APIs and Open Data Protocol (OData) and how it’s configured in SAP Netweaver Gateway.
- Analytical approach to problem-solving; ability to use technology to solve business problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Indepth understanding of a end to end SAP software development lifecycle in an agile or waterfall environment
- Practical knowledge of common business processes such as Order Intake, Procurement and Resource Managements.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to tell stories, draw pictures and document what you have done so others can understand, pick up from you and learn.
- A strong understanding and appreciation of the ‘consumer’ perspective – you’ll know what they expect from IT and what they’ll need even before they do. We are expecting an awareness of the changing pace and individual-centric design of IT in the market place and that you’ll apply these to your Product
- An eagerness to learn enough about the product and its roadmap
- Passion for doing things differently by challenging the norm and inspiring others to do the same through facilitating a culture of trust openness, honesty and a can do attitude.
- You need to be able to see the end-to-end system, understand constraints and bottlenecks and be able to work out how process can be simplified, interactions can be automated and through mastery, how the system can become highly efficient in both delivery and support.
- There may be a little bit of an obsession when it comes to the configuration control, ergonomics and aesthetics, user experience and customer perception of your product. You need to set the standards.
- Indepth working knowledge of the SAP ABAP and BW
- Knowledge on SAP Workflow
- Implementation of On Premise Application and Cloud based applications
- Systems and data Integration
- Good understanding of the Agile Manifesto, Devops Priciples, Scrum and Lean Engineering Practices.
- Functional/ Technical Design
- Data Management
- Governance and Control
- SAP ABAP
- SAP Workflow
- SAP ECC 6.0
- SAP Solution Manager
- JIRA and Confluence
- Java development is desired
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert