- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- New York, Raleigh, San Francisco
- Closing date
- 8 Feb 2022
- Systems, Other
- Communications, Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
Role summary & purpose
BAE Systems’ DataBridge is a market leading Lawful Intercept (LI) solution for deployment within a Communications Service Providers (CSPs) network. CSPs are in the spotlight like never before. As terrorists and organised criminals make increasing use of social media and smartphones to facilitate their crimes and activities, the data they generate – which is transported by CSPs – is of huge value to Law Enforcement and National Security Agencies. It now forms a key element in their efforts to monitor threats, detect crimes and investigate and prosecute criminals.
Supporting our clients across the nation. Support Engineers are involved in all aspects required to deliver and support business applications and/or infrastructure services. This includes performing ITIL or similar processes such as Incident, Problem and Change Management as well as conducting IT Operations in line with agreed Service Levels. Support Engineers are responsible for ensuring the reliability, performance and availability of services to consumers of the service thereby enabling the value of the service to be realized. Support Engineers also may participate in the delivery of business applications and/or infrastructure services to new clients.
This role may be Home based on the East Coast, with some travel required to Applied Intelligence offices and customer sites across the US, on average once per month. Occasional international travel may be required.
What will you be doing
The key activities of this role include:
- Customer support, fault investigation and troubleshooting.
- System maintenance, testing, uplifts and patching.
- Deployment and installation of systems and system expansions (both hardware and software).
- Technical contribution to project & support documentation.
- Follow support process and ensuring best practice.
- Reports on activity to project or team leader in verbal and written form, including estimations of work.
- Liaise with customers to inform of progress, request information, manage expectations and close out issues in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the core product team on support issues and project deliveries.
What we're looking for
The essential skills and experience required for the role include:
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in resolving challenging issues.
- Self-motivated team player with a proactive attitude who can think on their feet and work autonomously.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities and demands, stay organised, and deliver on time in a dynamic work environment.
- Good communication, both written and verbal.
- On call shift availability (24/7 weekly team rotation).
- Willing to travel from time to time to support projects.
- Technical degree (Computer science, Telecommunications or similar), or relevant experience in a related role.
We’d like you to have experience with:
- Linux operating systems (ideally CentOS, Red Hat).
- DevOps-related technologies (ideally Ansible).
- Virtualisation technologies (ideally VMWare)
- Computer networking and hardware (DNS, DHCP, VPNs, OSI model, routing, VLANs, firewalling, switch administration).
- Information and communications security.
Other desirable, but not essential skills:
- Containers (ideally Docker)
- Scripting with (ideally Bash, Python).
- Storage systems.
- Telecommunications networks (Fixed, Mobile, Wireless) and protocols.
- Exposure to CALEA or LI concepts.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert