Do you enjoy finding clever and pragmatic ways to get technically complex work done? Do you have a good knowledge of operational safety regulations? Are you keen to develop your experience with a company that gives you every other Friday off? Then a career at AWE could be for you!
Senior Appointed Person (Maintenance)
Location - Reading / Basingstoke area
Package - £42,650 - £65,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
· Market leading contributory pension scheme
· Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year, inclusive of Bank Holidays, plus every other Friday off)
· Flexible working hours
· Salary sacrifice scheme
· Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
· Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Working within our Engineering Safety Organisation, we are looking to appoint an experienced maintenance engineer to act as the subject matter expert providing complex engineering input and judgement to a range of stakeholders to ensure the effective implementation of technical engineering safety at AWE.
This role will give you the opportunity to apply your expertise to influence and contribute to the development of AWE's engineering safety policies and act as the intelligent customer to range of stakeholders across our facilities in busy production and research environments.
As Senior Appointed Person (Maintenance) your role will involve:
· Assessing and advising on standards for competence of maintenance resources
· Reviewing, updating and developing standards pertaining to maintenance engineering safety across all disciplines
· Providing advice and help others to navigate the safe and effective implementation of engineering safety at AWE
· Assessing and helping to mitigate engineering safety risks using your technical and legislative knowledge and experiences
Candidates would benefit from knowledge/experience of the following:
· Maintenance delivery, supervision and management
· Systems engineering and through-life asset maintenance considerations
· Engineering safety assessment and design substantiation
· Development of maintenance requirements from design standards
· Fault diagnosis and root cause analysis
· Environment, Health & Safety risk assessment, management and mitigation
We will be looking for candidates to have previous experience working in a highly regulated environment where you have led the delivery of engineering services across the life of an asset.
This is an excellent opportunity to apply your knowledge and expertise to support the UK's Nuclear defence programme and be part of a team of remarkable people achieving extraordinary things.