Senior Project Manager required for an the ongoing management of a project ensuring appropriate capability in place to maximise team performance, delivering to the key project, measures such as schedule, quality, scope, financials and client satisfaction, while following the internal BAE delivery assurance processes (and if appropriate external assurance processes).
Common role accountabilities
- Typically takes responsibility for projects, programmes or portfolios up to Medium level assurance.
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and satisfactory completion of medium complexity projects, programmes or portfolios, e.g. up to 12 months in duration, with direct business impact, up to a medium sized team and firm deadlines.
- Provides effective leadership to the delivery team and suppliers, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Acts as a primary point of contact for the client and has day to day accountability for the services and solution being provided.
- Contributes towards business winning activities for new or extended work, within or related to the scope of the project, programme or portfolio.
- Coaches and provides guidance to one or more junior PMs throughout the project lifecycle, managing their performance and supporting their development.
This role is part of our National Security Fundamental business, where we develop operational solutions and deliver mission-critical services to Law Enforcement Agencies and Government departments. Our dedicated engineers and business consultants form multi-disciplinary teams, working together to provide a variety of solutions that help to prevent, protect and pursue criminals involved in serious and organised crime, enhance operational capabilities and deliver digital transformation programmes. Our work is a mix of remote working with some travel to various LEA sites around the UK. We need proactive, solution finding individuals with a can do attitude to join our teams to help solve some of the most difficult challenges so even if this role isn’t a perfect fit we’d still love to hear from you!
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Applicants to this role must be amenable to obtain UK Government security clearance