The Head of IT Enterprise Business Systems is a key member of the IT leadership team with global accountability of:
- Overall delivery of the service of Applications and Solutions that enables Back Office Operations such as SAP, Successfactors, Planview, Supportworks, BPC, Cognos, Sharepoint.
- IT Development and Operations on Back Office Application, accountable for the SDLC and Service management activities to AI’s Strategic Goals.
- Transformation and development of the global Back office Applications team to provide world class IT services to BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- Driving the Business Transformation Initiative, both tactical and strategic, across functions, shaping the business and technology roadmap, prioritisation, planning and business case development.
The mission of this role is to provide an overarching IT direction for technologies that support the efficient running of the back office process. The goal of this role is to enable the Applied Intelligence business and the functional owners to run more efficiently through IT development and reliable IT operations.
This role is based at the Applied Intelligence Head Office in Guildford, Surrey. The role may be predominantly home based with visits to the office on average once per week, and occasional travel to other UK sites may be required.
What you'll be doing
- Partners with Business Transformation Leads and Functional Directors to shape, define, prioritize, plan, implement and embed Product and Process Roadmap Items. This includes driving the business case development, planning and resourcing ( internal / 3rd party ) as the roadmap items become ready.
- Champions an integrated business transformation approach by embedding, designing and establishing cross functional ways of working ( Communities, Working Groups, Change Board )
- Leads the delivery and realization of business outcomes by driving technical delivery and supporting business changes.
- Sets and refines the direction, purpose, goals and objectives of the Enterprise Business Team in alignment to current and future business goals.
- Leads the shaping, development and implementation of a robust and innovative EBS technology strategy and ensures alignment to business objectives, both short term and long team. Champions the strategy across AI.
- Drive IT and Business Initiatives aligned to the Business Transformation Roadmaps and IT Project Portfolio
- Leads the EBS team to define and execute improvements and innovation on analysis, architecture, engineering ( SDLC ) and service operation capabilities to achieve business savings and efficiencies measuring and refining EBS Team KPIs
- Accountable for the development and maturity of the overall EBS capability, driving initiatives to ensure team members are developed, mentored and trained in order to meet current and future business needs.
- Fosters a growth mindset within the team and expands this across AI. – highlight coaching and mentorship
- Accountable for the Total Cost of Ownership of the Back Office Applications.
- Builds enduring relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Champions simplification and standardization of systems, solutions and processes within IT and beyond.
- Oversight of all types of work in the Enterpise Business Systems
- Manages the mitigation of risks and resolution of issues within the EBS systems.
- Owns the EBS system architecture and operations.
- Responsible for year on year budget of £3.5 Million and transformation budget of £3-6Million, servicing circa 4000 global users.
What we're looking for
- Proven experience of managing a multi-disciplined team
- Expertise on IT Operations Management and IT Delivery
- Experienced on maturing an IT Function, with a working knowledge of building a wealth of Service/Technology/Process Artefacts
- Deep knowledge of Back office Solutions and expert working knowledge of integrated systems
- Relevant technology sector experience in a multi-national environment
- Influencing skills
- Proven strategic thinker with operational knowledge
- Adept at understanding and translating details in the context of a broader picture and in focusing him/herself and others on the right priorities to achieve the business goal
- Able to operate in a multi-faceted business environment where operational excellence and timely decision-making determines success
- Responsible for ensuring that the BO team’s activities are directly attributable to AI’s Strategic Objectives through robust Roadmap management
- Driving a common way of working and standards for the BO Teams ensuring that it results to Business Efficiency, reduced Total cost of ownership and reduced Delivery Lead Times
- A proven track record of implementing transformation programs and leading people through change successfully
- A natural ability to lead, influence and motivate people either directly or indirectly
- Adaptable influencing styles to manage a diverse range of stakeholders
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to bring diverse stakeholders on board both internally and externally
- Strong communicator and able to deliver messages to audiences at different levels of the organisations
- Ability to work and lead a team in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.