- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 9 Feb 2022
- Business & Finance, Project Engineering, Other
- Job Type
- Engineering Manager
We are recruiting for additional Project Managers. Candidates must be eligible for SC clearance due to the nature of customers we work for.
Our Project Managers are typically required to:
- Mobilise and build required capability including the best available resources on contract award, maintaining this approach throughout project execution, providing leadership to project and programme based staff, with management of suppliers, subcontractors and associates where required.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (external and internal customers) and actively manage the customer’s expectations through appropriate communications, reporting, assurance and governance.
- Shape and plan the project, including the overall schedule and governance with selection and/or application of appropriate methodologies, processes and tools; refining and enhancing the project schedule, resources, estimates and costs to complete and the execution against an agreed schedule, milestones and cost baseline.
- Demonstrate pro-active management of internal and external key project controls including (but not limited to) RAID, financials (including margin, forecast costs to complete, technical and management contingency, revenue and capital cost), quality, scope and schedule performance, ensuring delivery of the agreed scope against the agreed contract, acceptance criteria, SLAs and change requests.
- Continually refine and enhance the project schedule, resources, estimates and costs to complete and the execution against an agreed schedule and cost baseline.
- Support to the sales and account management team in renewals, extensions and business development cross-selling opportunities.
- Close down of the project at the end of an engagement, including personal performance reviews, project lessons learned and harvesting of reusable collateral (i.e. improved propositions, updated processes, reusable modules).
Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they are able to:
- Define, document and execute small projects or work-packages within a larger project, e.g. less than six months, with a small team, limited budget, no interdependency with other projects, and no significant strategic impact.
- Identifiy, assess and manage risks to the success of the project and take appropriate action.
- Prepare realistic project and quality plans and track activities against the plans, providing regular and accurate reports to senior project managers and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Monitor costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed budget or agreed task contingency within their work-stream or project area.
- Ensure that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
- Provide effective leadership to the delivery team and suppliers, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Act as a primary point of contact for the client and has day to day accountability for the services and solution being provided.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks be in breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert