Vehicle System Safety Specialist
- Vehicle Certification Agency
- Bristol, Nuneaton
- £42,068 - £46,278
- Closing date
- 6 Feb 2022
- Automotive, Electronics, Project Engineering, Safety, Systems
- Automotive Industry, Computing & IT, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Software & Hardware
- Job Type
- Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
We welcome applications from every part of the community, and we don’t discriminate against any gender identity. We’re especially interested to hear from underrepresented groups in the DfT such as gender diverse, BAME, LGBT+ and disabled candidates.
The Vehicle Certification Agency is the designated UK Vehicle Type Approval Authority. We have over 30 years’ experience supporting industry by providing internationally recognised testing and certification for vehicles, their systems and components.
The role is situated in the Automated Vehicle Technologies Group.
The UK’s exit from the European Union brings the establishment of a new UK Type Approval Scheme with an expectation for greater governance of vehicles fitted Automated Driving Systems (ADS). The first instances will be Automated Lane Keeping Systems and advanced trails of novel automated vehicles.
This role will be actively involved in setting the requirements for the governance of safety cases and the approach to confirm the evidence is appropriate. There will also be opportunities to share your knowledge with others in the organisation as there is a big drive to upskill our engineers too.
- 37 hour working week with flexible working arrangements
- 25 days annual leave accruing yearly up to 30 (plus 8 public holidays)
- Defined benefit pension scheme with employer contributions of at least 26.6%
- Additional RRA of £4,206.80
- Opportunity for upskilling in automotive active safety and automated vehicle related technologies
Include but not limited to:
- Reviewing Manufacturer safety cases for ADS (as the role develops)
- Technical Service Auditing of Certification Activities
- Support of International and National Regulatory Development
- Knowledge Fostering and Sharing of Vehicle Systems Safety Subject
- Producing Technical Interpretations
- Line management
- Good technical understanding and will have gained experience within a relatable industry.
- Extensive work experience in the field of ADAS or ADS development
- Working knowledge of safety standards, including ISO 26262 and ISO 21448
- Experience in the producing or development of ISO 26262 / ISO 21448 work products, and supporting documentation and safety analysis
Experience in developing and supporting safety goal validation and vehicle level integration testing
- Experience to systems engineering methodologies, requirements management, and verification tools.
- Good knowledge of Automotive legislation standards within the UNECE forum.
- Excellent communication skills using a variety of media as appropriate (i.e.: presentation skills, written documentation skills).
- Qualified in an automotive, engineering or professional discipline equivalent to Bachelor’s degree, including Honours and Foundation degree and Diplomas of Higher Education. Alternatively, a NQF level 5 and 6.
- Possess a full UK Driver’s Licence.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 6th February 2022.
The Vehicle Certification Agency is the designated UK Vehicle Type Approval Authority.
We have over 30 years experience supporting industry by providing internationally recognised testing and certification for vehicles, their systems and components.
We can proudly announce that the Department for Transport has been recognised for its leadership on workplace gender equality by being included in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2017.
DfT’s inclusion is recognition of our commitment to make the Department a great place to work through our culture of equality and inclusivity and the great strides we’ve made to raise the number of women in senior positions.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert