Do you have a background, experience or knowledge of Mechatronics and are keen to develop your experience with a company that gives you every other Friday off? Then a career at AWE could be for you!
Location - Reading area
Package - £25,250 - C£33,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience) + Allowances
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year, including Bank Holidays, plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Working within our Craft Engineering team, this is an excellent opportunity for a multi-disciplined Craft Practitioner to work with bespoke equipment undertaking planned and reactive maintenance activities on plant and equipment which can include installations, repairs, replacement, calibration, testing and modifications to optimise plant and equipment availability.
This role will give you the opportunity to apply your expertise and experience to produce safe systems of work and work instructions and demonstrate your understanding, competence and within your designated area of responsibility.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, we would encourage applications from engineers (across various technical disciplines) to apply who can demonstrate some of the following:
- Knowledge and working experience of fault-finding techniques and methodologies
- Experience of operational craft activities including fault finding techniques and methodologies
- Working knowledge/experience of Machine Tools, Press or Additive Manufacturing Machines
- An understanding of the Health and Safety At Work Act
- Experience of Safe Systems of Work (Including Method Statements and Risk Assessments)
- Candidates will be expected to have gained an engineering apprenticeship with a minimum NVQ/Diploma Level 3 in a relevant technical discipline or NVQ/Diploma level 2 plus industrial experience.
This is an excellent opportunity to apply your knowledge and expertise to support the UK's Nuclear defence programme and be part of a team of remarkable people achieving extraordinary things.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.