We welcome applications from every part of the community, and we don’t discriminate against any gender identity. We’re especially interested to hear from underrepresented groups in the DfT such as gender diverse, BAME, LGBT+ and disabled candidates.
The Vehicle Certification Agency is the designated UK Vehicle Type Approval Authority. We have over 30 years’ experience supporting industry by providing internationally recognised testing and certification for vehicles, their systems and components.
We now have an exciting opening for a Regulatory Specialist to join our Automated Vehicle Technologies Group where you will be instrumental in applying your experience to ensure that the adopted Regulations meet the needs of industry, policy makers and the public.
- 37 hour working week with flexible working arrangements
- 25 days annual leave accruing yearly up to 30 (plus 8 public holidays)
- Defined benefit pension scheme with employer contributions of at least 26.6%
- Opportunity for upskilling in automotive active safety and automated vehicle related technologies
The post holder will be assigned a portfolio of subjects depending on their background and experience of conventional and new technology subjects and will oversee their development and adoption.
The post holder will also, amongst other activities, work closely with colleagues across the Agency to develop and adopt technical interpretations for these subjects, oversee certification activities led by the group, and support the Agency with the adoption of new regulatory subjects. Examples of specific regulations being actively worked on include:
- Braking Systems (UNECE R13 / R13H)
- Steering Systems, including Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) (UNECE R79)
- Cyber Security (UNECE R155)
- Software Updating (UNECE R156)
- Automated Lane Keeping Systems (UNECE R157)
Include but not limited to:
- Supporting National and International Regulatory Policy Development with type approval expertise
- Answering technical questions and producing technical interpretations related to approval regulations
- Supporting the Agency with the adoption of new regulatory subjects
- Leading on market surveillance and approval queries
- Line Management
- Good technical understanding and will have gained experience within a relatable industry.
- Extensive experience in the development or application of type approval regulations, including both technical and administrative aspects.
- Good knowledge of Automotive legislation standards within the UNECE forum.
- Excellent communication skills using a variety of media as appropriate (i.e.: presentation skills, written documentation skills).
- Qualified in an automotive, engineering or professional discipline equivalent to Bachelor’s degree, including Honours and Foundation degree and Diplomas of Higher Education. Alternatively a NQF level 5 and 6.
- Possess a full UK Driver’s Licence
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 6th February 2022.