Our New Product Innovation (NPI) teams are at the forefront of technology development. With over 600 projects ongoing at any one time, we are constantly looking to push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible.
With state-of-the-art facilities, and a fully collaborative approach to innovation, we are looking for engineers to conceptualise and develop products of the future.
About the role
As a Design Engineer within NPI, you’ll be working closely with other NPI engineers, Research specialists and product development teams to create and develop new technology, product formats and business cases for projects in our portfolio.
Working with some of the best minds Dyson has to offer, and presenting your ideas to members of senior management, you can be a key part in the invention and development of our future products.
Are you ready to initiate new product concepts and ideas?
Prepared to identify market opportunities from a blank sheet of paper and deliver key pieces of complex technology that help to define the specification of next generation products?
From producing mechanical designs across a range of device types and technologies from concept, through evaluation to delivery, you will collaborate with our suppliers to develop innovative,
robust and scalable technology platforms and constantly be looking to challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve design quality.
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent
- Sound understanding of basic mechanical/product design principles and the development of products and technologies through prototyping and testing
- Proven experience of delivering creative design solutions that improve upon existing product designs
- Ability to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate with work of others
- Proven ability to communicate through a variety of media
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively in cross-functional design teams throughout the project development cycle.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of multiple tooling and manufacturing techniques.
- A creative and considered approach to problem solving, following clear design processes with pragmatic approach to balance cost and value
Rewards and Benefits
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than just salary and bonus.
Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you're in and the moments that really matter.
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Buy additional leave
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus
- Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- On-site parking
- Free on-site hair salon
- Lifestyle assist
- Private Medical insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Digital GP and prescription service
- On-site gym and sports centre
- Wellbeing centre