The role will work within a diverse and geographically split team that pride themselves on delivering outstanding solutions and delighting our customers. We strive to ensure that we deliver the most robust solutions within the time cost and performance envelopes provided. The team are trusted and empowered to deliver and self-manage their outputs whilst working collaboratively. The team work on both UK projects and internationally delivering to National Security Clients through to commercial organisations. This role is situated within our Government business and is internationally focused thus extensive travel for several weeks or sometimes months will be involved from time to time.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Infrastructure Engineer with excellent technical and client-facing skills, to act as the infrastructure lead for designing national scale cyber defence solutions down to a small commercial SOC. The role will be responsible for designing, installing and configuring the infrastructure.
What you'll be doing
The role has the following responsibilities:
- The design of the technical infrastructure to support the whole solution
- The production of all supporting designs for inclusion in the LLD and the associated configuration of the solution
- The build, commissioning and acceptance of the technical solution
- Delivering a coherent and technically integrated solution in line with the requirements
- Run, support and attend all appropriate workshops and meetings
- Managing the Bill of Materials and ensuring delivery of all items in line with the project schedule
- Supervising the installation and commissioning of the infrastructure, including the appropriate sub-contractors
- Updating and managing the Bill of Materials with approved changes and updated technical specifications in line with the infrastructure design
- Stakeholder management as it pertains to the infrastructure design
What you'll be accountable for:
- The infrastructure design, configuration and transfer of an integrated solution any design issues are to be highlighted to the SDA immediately.
- The accuracy, coherence and completeness of the technology solution requirements.
- The coherence and completeness of the design of the projects infrastructure solution including efficient and effective integration with stakeholders and supplier’s capability.
- Integrating with the Engineering pillar to ensure that all work in aligned to the appropriate Quality and Engineering standards.
- Adherence to the with the Engineering Management Plan and specifically in meeting the solution requirements of the project and adhering to Engineering policies and mandates and reporting progress through engineering metrics.
- Support the development of the business processes associated with the operation of infrastructure being delivered.
- The delivery of the technical solution through design, acceptance testing and into live service operation
- Provision of support to overall development of the solution.
What we're looking for
- Previous experience leading infrastructure teams
- A self-starter who is willing to learn
- Skilled with some or all of the following:
- VMware ESXi/vCenter/vSphere
- Cisco Firepower IDS/IPS and NGFW
- Networking/VLANs/Packet Capture/Firewalls (CISCO/Dell)
- SAN/NAS storage solutions (CISCO/Dell/HP)
- AWS & Azure provisioning
- Data Loss Prevention (Symantec, CloudStrike)
- End Point Protection
- Active Directory/DNS/DHCP
- Bitlocker Encryption
- Email Encryption
- Microsoft, O365, SharePoint, Server 2019, Win 10.
- RSA SecurID
- Secure Design
- Splunk/Arcsight Log Collection and SIEM design
- Network Management (NAGIOS, SolarWinds)
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.