At Oxford Quantum Circuits (OQC) we are building quantum computers to enable life-changing discoveries: from new drug modelisation to longer-lasting battery technology and portfolio optimisation. We have launched Europe’s first Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS) – to bring quantum to our customers’ fingertips and help them improve their operations and trailblaze new commercial and scientific approaches.
Our team is composed of 40 people with various backgrounds in quantum physics, nanotechnologies, hardware, software and business operations from marketing to intellectual property. We are all bound by the desire to put OQC at the forefront of the quantum revolution and help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
As an electronics engineer at OQC, you will draw upon your previous experience in PCB design and testing to develop and deploy the quantum control solutions of the future. To achieve this, you will work as part of a highly skilled and multi-disciplined team with expertise in a wide range of fields, including electronics, software development, FPGA development, quantum computing and mechanical design. You will take full ownership of your projects and be responsible for managing your day to day activities. This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of the quantum revolution and play a key role in developing the technology that will help solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
- Design, verify, test and deploy robust and scalable multi-layer printed circuit boards.
- Engage with software engineers, quantum engineers, FPGA engineers and mechanical engineers to ensure that all requirements are met, across all teams
- Owning projects, managing day-to-day activities and tracking progress through project management tools
- Organising component procurement, PCB manufacture and testing
- Creating and maintaining design documentation and reports
£50,000 - £65,000 pa., based on experience.
We also offer multiple benefits, from private medical insurance to Employee Assistance Cash Plan, from cycle to work to gym and fitness memberships. All our employees also participate in our ESOP. For more info, visit https://apply.workable.com/oqc/
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in electronics engineering or similar
- 2+ years of commercial embedded system design experience with a track record of designing multi-layer single-board computers or similar
- Track record of owning projects, managing day-to-day activities and tracking progress
- Ability to drive schematic capture, constraints definition and PCB layout, ideally using OrCAD
- Strong understanding of circuit design theory and application
- Experience using lab equipment to fault-find, test and perform bring-up
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Familiarity with RF circuits and requirements
- RTL design for PLD / FPGA
- SW design for MCU
LOCATION & TRAVEL
OQC’s office is located in Shinfield, Reading. There will be a requirement for occasional travel throughout the UK and elsewhere abroad for conferences, meetings and engineering visits.
As part of our application process we ask that you also provide us with a cover letter outlining why you think you would be a good fit for the role and what attracts you to OQC. Applications without a cover letter including this information will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At OQC we are not just hoping you’ll fit in our culture. We aspire to thrive, as a company and as people, thanks to your diversity of thought and background. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing our team members with a work environment free from discrimination, where everyone is treated with respect. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, talent and merit and all our colleagues share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to diversity. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, or if you think we can do better with our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com