MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Competitive salary and excellent benefits, including paid overtime and bonus
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Electronic Engineering for an enthusiastic, motivated individual who is looking to broaden their skills within a multiple disciplined team supporting various projects.
Reporting to the Integration and Proving Team Lead, as a Proving Engineer, your role will be to plan, prepare, conduct and report on Equipment Level Proving activities. Trials are conducted at various UK facilities.
What we’re looking for
High performing teams need high performing and competent individuals. To be suitable for this role, Individuals will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
- Ideally an Engineering Degree or equivalent experience.
- Someone with a high degree of self-motivation and drive and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience of writing trials/technical documentation.
- An appreciation of electronics technologies and the sorts of products that MBDA design and produces would be an advantage.
- Appreciation/Experience of Systems Proving Process and associated methodologies.
- Good verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- The ability to communicate with a wide range of internal customers, sub-contractors / partners/ suppliers at both engineering and management levels.
What’s in it for you?
This role provides a unique opportunity to be involved in multi-million pound international projects, owning and delivering a critical element of the proving process.
- You will join a motivated, focussed team, where communication and the ethos to share information is key.
- You will be working in a friendly and supportive environment, providing one of the best environments to meet career aspirations and achieve a real feeling of success.
- You will join a team that is dedicated to improving the way it works, how it interacts with other functions and directorates with a strong interest in the development of its people.
- You will have the opportunity to develop and enhance your skills via a combination of mentoring, formal training and on the job training, with the potential of career progression.
- You will have the opportunity to travel to other UK locations to support trials.
- You will have the opportunity to engage with stakeholders across the business, building a network and learn about other areas of the business.
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
You will join a motivated, focused and multi-disciplined team, where communication and the ethos to share information is key; You will join a team that is dedicated to improving the way it works, how it interacts with other functions and directorates with a strong interest in the development of its people.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.