MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Competitive Salary plus excellent benefits and bonus
The EO Seekers Group is responsible for the specification, assessment and delivery of a range of electro-optical sub-systems used within complex weapon systems. Each member of the team performs a range of tasks and engages regularly with other areas of the business, external suppliers and customers.
The successful applicant will join one of our project teams developing cutting edge EO Sensors for complex weapons. You will be collaborating with our customers and stakeholders to ensure the development and delivery of EO subsystems.
You will be responsible for driving the technical direction of our products to meet challenging customer requirements by engaging and coordinating with wider specialist design teams to successfully deliver on our commitments
What we’re looking for
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience.
- Systems Engineering experience including, requirements engineering and management, trade-studies, design certification and validation, etc.
- Experience with engineering tools such as IBM ELM, IBM DOORS, IBM Rhapsody and Mathworks Matlab, or equivalent.
- Basic project management knowledge, including planning and risk-management, or an aspiration to learn and develop this skill on-the-job.
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering
- Experience of Solution Architecting
- Understanding of Electro-Optical radiation, propagation and detection principles, in particular in the infra-red wave-bands.
- Experience with Management tools such as Primavera P6 and Active Risk Manager
- Experience of working in Agile teams
What’s in it for you?
You will have opportunities to support your professional development by working on some of the most complex, cutting-edge Electro-Optical systems being developed, not only developing your technical abilities, but also your management and leadership skill-sets.
With the support of the team around you, you will have access to the facilities, tools, expertise and development opportunities needed to supply state of the art solutions to our customers.
There are also opportunities to get involved in conducting cutting-edge research and development into strategically important technologies.
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
The nature of the work is broad, varied and dynamically changing. You will work in a highly skilled and experienced team covering fundamental technology development through to concepts and product development, manufacturing, delivery and in-service support.
Some travel may be required between MBDA sites, supplier and customer locations, and test sites both within the UK but also internationally.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.