MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: Up to £65k DOE plus excellent bonus and benefits
An opportunity has arisen for a committed leader who is passionate about managing the performance and development of our people. An engineering appreciation is beneficial for some aspects of the role, but a passion, focus, drive and vision to lead a team to deliver successfully is most important. This is a great opportunity to join the evolved Electronics Engineering organisation and play a major role in shaping its future. Your role will be to:
- Support/Lead change programmes to meet a dynamic environment delivering equipment critical to the defence of our nation and its front line forces.
- Deliver high quality development and performance evaluations in order to maximise the potential of our people for today and for the future.
- Lead the development and harmonisation of processes that are fit for the rapid development of cutting edge technologies.
- Monitor, review and report progress against technical and schedule deadlines with support from a technical delivery leads and functional team leaders.
- With the help of our Technical Expert community, reinforce technical excellence through robust design activity.
- Support the recruitment process to meet our workload and skills needs.
What we’re looking forLeaders! People who:
- Lead by example and empower people – do what they say they will, live the MBDA values - be an inspiration.
- Care about the wellbeing and development of our people, our No.1 asset. Motivate people/teams to pull together to deliver through the most challenging technical and time bound environments.
- Can make the decisions they need to make when they need to make them.
- Work to change fixed mind-sets if necessary to help deliver excellence and go the extra mile when needed.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to deliver real greatness. Our people are our greatest assets and we want to nurture them to be the best they can.
- You will get the best leadership support available. We know how important it is to have the support you need to operate in a high profile role such as this so we invest in industry leading courses and develop our own training with the support of the best training providers in the country.
- Development that is only limited by you. If you have the ability and desire then the sky’s the limit.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
- We are the best at what we do. When properly supported our people can do extraordinary things and so can you.
- Pride. We love our jobs. What we do is important to us, to our families and to our nation. We excel because we want to ensure freedom of choice and expression.
- Support. We all need a steer, a little advice. No business does this better. You will get the support of a mentor network, a people management community (who offer leadership support through focus groups and hosting internationally renowned experts in leadership) and peers and the people you are there to support will support you. We work better as a team and when you join our team you will be made welcome.
- We strive to be better. We encourage you to teach us, and if you are great at what you do we want you to share your knowledge and experience to help us improve.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the rol