What if you could work with remarkable people on extraordinary things? What if the end result was something a little bit special? What if your role was mission critical?
For nearly 70 years, AWE has been at the forefront of nuclear weapons research and development. We have a critical mission: to provide the warheads for the UK's ultimate deterrent - Trident. We also use our unique skills to provide wider UK government with counter-terrorism and nuclear threat reduction solutions.
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
Do you have a strong understanding of engineering and compliance within a highly regulatory industry? Are you keen to develop your experience with a company that offers an excellent benefits package including every other Friday off? Then a career at AWE could be for you!
Location: Reading/ Basingstoke area
Salary: £42,650 - £67,400 (dependent on skills and experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
· Market leading contributory pension scheme
· Generous holiday entitlement - 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
· Flexible working hours
· Salary sacrifice scheme
· Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
· Relocation package (terms & conditions apply)
Working within our Engineering Compliance team, we are looking to appoint an experienced Engineer to lead a team in independently demonstrating legislative and regulatory compliance across Sites (Facilities) and Assets (PP&E) Engineering at AWE to help ensure safety on-site.
This detail-oriented improvement role will give you the opportunity to work with a range of stakeholders, internal and external, where you can apply your expertise to ensure compliance and licence conditions are adhered to.
Key Accountabilities include:
· Review and update AWEs internal arrangements with respect to the regulatory conditions
· Ensure license condition owners implementation plans meet internal/external regulator expectations
· Identify the competencies necessary to effectively implement the arrangements
· Develop KPI specifications for condition requirements as well as identifying and establishing KPI data sources
· Obtain, collate and organise KPI information for Technical Owner analysis
· Prepare bi-monthly reports and presentations for the condition technical owners
· Facilitate Reviews, Workshops and Audits to investigate and improve the Arrangements
· Facilitate the resolution of issues by managing the creation of actions, allocation of action leads, verification of action completion and closure of issues
· Align the approach, documentation and practices associated with arrangements and implementation thereof across the technical owners
· Maintain awareness of ONR guidance and other pertinent information on license conditions compliance
The successful candidate will have significant previous experience working in a highly regulated environment with which you can demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of legislative or regulatory requirements. We are particularly keen to hear from engineers who can demonstrate an understanding of quality and improvement in the world of engineering.
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role at AWE. AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions. AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and people with disabilities.