MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: Up to £60k DOE plus excellent bonus and benefits
Do you have the drive and ability to juggle and deliver your expertise across multiple projects? The creativity and personality to work with others to derive
holistic solutions to technically challenging problems?
This is a phenomenal opportunity for a Thermal Team Lead to lead a highly skilled team to deliver a variety of projects that will stretch your skills and imagination. Working for an internationally recognised company, delivering leading edge military systems, you will play a critical role in ensuring that MBDAs products deliver the necessary performance against key customer requirements.
As the Thermal Team Lead you will be the focal point for all of the groups Thermal Analysis work, which is centred on investigating the thermal performance of whole missile systems and their associated mechanical and electronic sub-systems.
You will lead a team of over five Thermal Analysts; your remit will be broad and there is ample scope to make your mark on how the team should operate to deliver its work.
What were looking for
- Degree/Doctorate qualified in a subject relevant to the role or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Evidence of an ability to derive solutions to problems.
- A sound knowledge of heat transfer analysis using Finite Element methods.
- Experience applying numerical based tools (e.g. Altair, ANSY, ICEPAK, FLOTHERM) to investigate and analyse heat conductance problems.
- Demonstrable experience producing written and verbal reports on your technical work.
- Experience managing individuals/teams in the delivery of work.
- Evidence of an ability to multi-task and/or deliver complex projects involving input from disparate disciplines.
- Experience of working in a comparable industry.
- Knowledge and experience of methods for managing the thermal performance of mechanical and electronic systems.
- Past experience reviewing formal documents/deliverables on projects.
- Demonstrable examples of identifying and implementing innovative techniques and/or delivering change management.
- Evidence of an ability to network and build collaborative relationships with project stakeholders and customers.
Whats in it for you?
You will lead a team that does fulfilling work that will stretch and grow your technical knowledge and competencies. MBDA places a strong emphasis on looking after and developing its staff and goes to great lengths to ensure that your skills and knowledge are developed through both structured and on the job training.
Within the Analysis Group there are extensive opportunities to build your networks and reputation across MBDA, working with counterparts in our International offices. You will also have ample opportunity and freedom to grow and shape MBDA UKs thermal analysis capabilities.
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.