MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Up to £50K DOE plus excellent bonus and benefits
At MBDA, we are continuing to grow our world leading capability on missile datalinks. We have a number of exciting opportunities within our DataLink Systems organisation working from research, through to early concept phase, to full product design and production programmes, needing a range of knowledge and experience from graduate to highly experienced engineers.
The roles cover RF, DSP, Antenna and Modelling (both Electromagnetic and RF System level), and involve the full product lifecycle from research and concept development, through system design, integration, verification and validation.
Ideally youll have exposure / bias towards RF technology across the full product life cycle.
Currently we are recruiting for the following roles:
- RF Systems Engineers
- Algorithm / Modelling Systems Engineers
- Digital Signal Processing Engineers
- Antenna Engineers
Were looking for you to have an ability to work autonomously within a multi-skilled team with a good understanding and commitment to achieving project goals. You should also be able to perform technical investigations, provide problem assessments, and propose design solutions within a culture of innovative thinking.
We are able to consider candidates looking for a flexible working pattern within these roles.
What were looking for
Some of the following dependent upon role and level, all within the context of good RF communications knowledge:
- Understanding of RF / microwave systems.
- Understanding of waveform design and implementation.
- Experience of antenna design and / or EM modelling.
- Experience of system level RF modelling.
- Experience of overseeing the transition of development hardware into production, including environmental testing, qualification testing and design certification.
- Experienced proving system level functionality, SW/FW integration and proving.
- Familiarity of real-time digital signal processing for high data bandwidth systems.
- Systems modelling and Autocode generation experience
- Systems design and requirements.
- Good communication skills with the ability to produce high quality written reports and presentations to internal and external customers.
- Participate in or lead design reviews for all stages of concept development to the assessment of design maturity.
- Ability to manage external suppliers with procurement teams.
Heres whats in it for you
- MBDA is the highest ranked technical company in the Times UK top 25 Employers survey, career development is a key priority, career progression through both formal and on the job training is provided.
- These roles offer an opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative product solutions.
- You will gain experience in weapon technologies both at system and hardware levels.
- You will be involved in various stages of product development from the concept stage through hardware design, development, proving including manufacture.
- There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of product development.
Join a great team!
Youll be joining a rapidly developing product area within MBDA, with many exciting opportunities to work on both new and established products.
The teams have a common goal for the delivery of products design solutions that meets the customers requirements to the schedule and cost agreed. Youll be able to significantly contribute to meeting the expectations of both MBDA and the customer.
The projects offers you the opportunity to work with a specialist team developing and managing technically challenging technology within MBDA.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note:MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.