The Applied Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future. We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, expertise and experience.
We are seeking talented Software Engineers to work on important national challenges. As a valued member of our team you will be inspired by our mission to protect nations and citizens and work closely with highly skilled colleagues.
- Your focus will be systems to manage the flow and processing of data across our clients mission platforms.
- You will have at least two years of experience in software development roles preferably with exposure to application and systems integration on large platforms.
- You will be required to perform requirements analysis, software design, develop code, unit testing and develop supporting artefacts following the disciplines and practices of BAE Systems.
NV1 clearance is required for this role.
- Designs, codes, tests and documents software projects from supplied specifications as directed by the Software Engineering Lead.
- Logically analyses code defects and provide timely fixes.
- Contributes to the quality of the software development team through peer reviews.
- Produces software engineering artefacts (specification/design) to support development and delivery.
- Works closely with other teams (architects, infrastructure, testing) to ensure the seamless integration of code to the overall solution.
- Delivers software that meets high quality and delivery standards and that quality code is on time and budget.
- Test and deploy code into dev, test and production environments using automation tooling including continuous integration/deployment and packaging appropriate for the environment.
The required skills include:
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrates high productivity in design, code and unit test
- Experience in Object Oriented programming languages such as Java, C++
- Experience and knowledge of managing data flows across systems
- Design and development of NiFi data routing and transformation software implementations
- Cloud environments such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Web applications development experience
- Experience in agile/iterative deliver environments and teams
- Experience with continuous development/integration environments in a commercial environment
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division Overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.