Front End Engineer
About The Role
We are looking for Software developers to join us in our self-organising developer teams, which work hard to deliver high quality UI and server applications that support our customers’ workflow.
You will have the opportunity to work with a range of technologies and programming languages, (primarily in the ecosystems involving C++, C#, react.js) as we work hard to find the best solution for our customers.
You strive to deliver SOLID code when your are doing greenfield development as well as refactoring existing code and are a keen believer in test automation.
You strive to deliver highly stable and scalable solutions which help ensure that the company is considered as a long term partner for our customers to meet their mission critical needs.
What you will be doing
You will be working across all facets of software delivery, developing software for an advanced telecoms data processing solution.
You will go on to build software to handle petabyte scale data volumes, including one of the world’s largest SQL Server instances. You will work with world-class developers, contributing to an advanced solution containing genuinely innovative IP that makes a real difference, in order to protect people, communities, and organisations around the world.
You will work with architects, senior programmers, project managers and other internal stakeholders, with a typical working week including:
- Designing, developing, integrating, testing and debugging modules of code
- Supporting, maintaining and documenting software functionality
- Working on performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability and automation
- Developing innovative solutions to complex technical problems
- Working independently and within a wider team with minimal supervision
- Reviewing, maintaining, and if necessary repairing legacy code
- Integrating new software into the existing solution
What we are looking for
- A degree in Maths, Physics, Engineering, Computing, or a related discipline
- Extensive programming experience in .NET particularly in c# (min 2 years)
- Experience with WinForms and ASP .NET Core
- Experience with relational databases, particularly with MS SQL
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Desire to learn react.js – as we are moving towards web based UI
- Knowledge of best practices around building and designing web services using one of following technologies: REST, GraphQL
- Experience with building .msi installers with WIX Toolset
- Experience with Infragistics framework, particularly used with WinForms
- Experience with building web application using react.js
- Experience with Elastic Stack
- Experience with working in an Agile development team
A competitive package consisting of a base salary, superannuation, bonus and generous company benefits including:
- private medical care
- lunch voucher
- multi-sport card
- social events
- cross company free share program
- life insurance
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.