BAE Systems Applied Intelligence helps nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations.
We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes - often collecting and analysing huge volumes of data. These, combined with our Cyber Special forces - some of the most skilled people in the world - enable us to defend against cyber-attacks, fraud and financial crime, enable intelligence-led policing and solve complex data problems.
We are obsessed about solving problems for our customers; we bring together great minds that face tough challenges on a daily basis, and are encouraged to make a difference.
The Defence and Space Business Unit in BAE Systems Applied Intelligence delivers mission focused solutions in cyber & electronic warfare, digital transformation and special communications to clients across Land, Sea, Air, Space and Cyber.
This role involves influencing the security architecture of a complex system of systems that satisfies an Earth Observation mission and associated in-orbit capability demonstration. The role focusses on the security of the data platform that hosts novel processing techniques in the ground segment to achieve the mission objectives.
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence requires experienced Cyber Security consultants to assist our clients and engineering teams in securing their business and mission critical operational systems.
You will have a willingness to tackle challenging technical problems whilst developing your engineering and Cyber Security skills in-step with emerging technologies and security trends, and will be given the opportunity to collaborate in diverse and exciting roles across a wide range of BAE Systems clients, with the flexibility to move across a range of projects within the Consulting and Systems Integration service lines.
The Cyber Security and integration of operational systems is a rapid growth area within BAE Systems and we are looking for self-starting, committed people to join our established consulting teams and work within our growing Cyber Security portfolio.
You will assist clients in clearly understanding their exposure to security threats/risks, and putting in place pragmatic and cost effective controls. This includes assessing risks at the technical or system process level, and measuring the associated business impact, via document review or structured questionnaires.
• Organises, prioritises and carries out tasks that have been assigned. Conforms to fixed deadlines at the agreed level of quality. Always looks to exceed client expectations. Demonstrates a good understanding of the project risks, direction of the streams and their interactions/dependencies.
• Uses frameworks to structure own thinking and articulate concepts to colleagues/ clients and participates in the development of major deliverables.
• Applies change management methodology, techniques and levers.
• Works closely customers on organisational development and effectiveness.
Planning & project management
• Defines, documents and carries out small projects or sub-projects alone or with a small team.
• Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
• Agrees project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
• Monitors costs, timescales and resources used and takes action during deviations.
• Ensures that own projects are formally closed, reviewed and lessons learned recorded.
Risk & commercial management
• Identifies problems/risks early on and takes action to mitigate them.
• Supports project leader in scope management and reporting.
• Complies with agreed engagement and quality management processes and standards.
• Builds track record of successful delivery in a range of support roles in client engagements.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
Relevant engineering background including:
• Security Engineering and Architecture
• Information Security and Communications
• Solution/System Engineering
• Relevant MOD/NCSC Security Stanndards
• Knowledge of ConOps related to Defence/Security Systems and missions
• Security Architecture and Information Assurance of secure systems at highest levels of HMG security classification
• Working across MOD/Government delivering secure solutions
• Development of security methodology for novel problem sets
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division Overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.