Software Engineer - AWS Full stack Development
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
As the market-leading provider of innovative financial crime and compliance solutions, BAE Systems Applied Intelligence helps global financial institutions to take intelligent action, control defences and evolve strategies against fraud, money laundering and other types of financial crime. With clients in over 100 countries, spanning four continents, BAE Systems Applied Intelligence counts seven of the world’s top ten banks among its growing family of clients.
Today, we have over 3,000 staff in 26 offices serving clients across the UK and Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our people apply intelligence to protect and enhance national and organisational assets so that they can grow and prosper – from improving the health and efficiency of leading corporations to protecting critical infrastructures, safeguarding vulnerable people and catching criminals.
New opportunities and risks are emerging and converging... every day. Come and be part of our team and make a real difference…
About The Team
Our Engineering teams build the technologies and business-focused products that solve our clients’ business problems in a scalable and comprehensive way. We are looking for a senior engineer with strong full stack development experience with a focus on cloud native technologies who can use the latest technologies to build the next generation of our platform.
About The Role
• Demonstrate the ability to acquire new skills and put these to effective use.
• Provide accurate estimates for development tasks and meet deadlines.
• Fully assess the impact of changes on existing product code.
• Take the initiative and assume ownership for tasks or problems.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
What You Will Be Doing
• Work as part of an agile development team in our product engineering group.
• Design and develop key features of the next-gen BAE’s NetReveal platform for running Compliance and Anti-Fraud solutions for Financial Institutions.
• Introduce new technologies and improve existing code.
• Collaborate with other teams in design workshops.
• Take full responsibility for test-driven development and work effectively with QA.
• Improve practices and design principles.
• Support application and client delivery teams.
Skills and Experience
• AWS SDK, AWS Serverless Application Model (SAM)
• AWS Cloudformation scripting
• AWS API Gateway, Cognito (identify management/user authorisation), AWS Lambda, DynamoDB (NoSql, document database), EventBridge (event bus), SQS (queuing system), SNS (notification system), S3 Object storage, CloudFront (CDN)
• 2 – 5 years commercial experience in a similar role
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Proven track record of technical design and development as part of a team.
• Familiarity with the following concepts: Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Development, Microservices Architecture, Function as a Service model
• Technologies –Web Services, OAuth2, Linux, React
• Programming Languages – Java, Python
• Databases – relational/SQL databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL), document databases ( MongoDB)
• Search engines: ElasticSearch, Lucene
• Tools - Docker, Jenkins
• Test Driven Development – Cucumber, Jest
• Agile development methodologies – Scrum, Kanban
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Financial Services
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the financial sector is one of the biggest targets for cyber-attacks. Our Financial Services business unit is responsible for all of our clients in the financial sector and handle all areas of these relationships. AI’s Financial Services Division helps banks, insurers and other major financial institutions to combat fraud, unauthorised trading and money laundering, and meets their regulatory compliance obligations.
As a member of the Financial Services business unit, you will be responsible for providing critical services to clients in the financial sector and ensure that we remain a leading name in cyber security. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.