SNA Technical Consultant
The role of the Social Network Analysis (SNA) consultant within the Product Implementation Engineer team who provide the critical skills necessary to implement, integrate and extend BAE Systems Applied Intelligence solutions. We’re looking for a consultant with a passion for solving complex problems related to processing and analysing data.
Our SNA Consultants usually work as part of a larger project team and work on part of a solution delivery, collect feedback or requirements in client workshops and are expected to build a good knowledge of the technologies and tools associated with configuring, enhancing and deploying the NetReveal® product.
NetReveal® is a successful global technology business division of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. The NetReveal® suite of solutions is deployed by leading banks, insurers and government organisations to prevent financial crime and ensure regulatory compliance. In addition to software development, sales and support functions, NetReveal® provides consultancy and implementation services.
What You Will Be Doing
• Work with our Financial Crime and Compliance solutions, mostly with insurance, banking and civil government customers in order to defend and enhance their business
• Work with experienced leads on large projects whilst gaining experience before taking ownership of work streams
• Analyse customer data to produce data quality reports, understand the importance of various data points and analyse the risk associated to data quality issues.
• Develop knowledge of the functionality of the core NetReveal® modules so that they can be configured, extended and presented to clients.
• Troubleshoot environmental and technical issues that arise in the course of deploying/configuring software.
• Configure, implement and tune technical aspects of the NetReveal® product to meet client requirements.
• Work with a diverse range of colleagues based in the UK as well as globally (Poland, Ireland, mainland Europe, Middle East, Africa, North America and APAC)
Skills and Experience
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience in similar role
• A degree which contains some programming and technical material, such as computer science, Mathematics, Physics or Economics with computer science
• Strong understanding of ETL, data processing and cleansing for accurate data analysis.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills with a determined approach to own work.
• Technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Demonstrate flexibility and ability to take the initiative on issues.
• Effective and efficient decision making ability – prioritising, time management etc.
• Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL and relational databases such as Oracle or Postgres
• Experience of using Linux
• Knowledge of software development process and tooling such as Jenkins, BitBucket and JIRA
• Knowledge of data processing/analysis languages such as Scala, SAS, R or Python
• Knowledge of mathematical modelling and machine learning techniques
• Understanding of Java and J2EE architectures.
• Understanding of Big Data technologies, Spark, HBase or Kafka Knowledge would be an asset
• Knowledge of creating user acceptance tests
• Knowledge of application servers such as Jboss, Websphere, Weblogic, Apache Tomcat
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Financial Services
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the financial sector is one of the biggest targets for cyber-attacks. Our Financial Services business unit is responsible for all of our clients in the financial sector and handle all areas of these relationships. AI’s Financial Services Division helps banks, insurers and other major financial institutions to combat fraud, unauthorised trading and money laundering, and meets their regulatory compliance obligations.
As a member of the Financial Services business unit, you will be responsible for providing critical services to clients in the financial sector and ensure that we remain a leading name in cyber security. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.