WHAT TO EXPECT
The role will be based within the Electrical & Vehicle Engineering (EVE) Centre Of Competence, and part of the Systems team based within the Assisted & Automated Driving (AAD) Department. The Features and system team is an exciting area, designing and delivering new AAD features through definition of the customer experiences, design of the system and validation and confirmation the design meets the customer intent.
The Role is responsible to lead the definition, development and delivery of harmonized systems solutions, consisting of multiple interconnected components into Jaguar Land Rover vehicles for ADAS features.
The role includes the opportunity to design and define the way in which Assisted and Automated Driving Features can support our customers in their everyday journeys, through a combination of driving aids, driving assistance and driving automation. The role will require a customer focussed individual who can provide objective analysis of the user behaviour to support the definition of functional and performance related requirements associated with the features.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
As an AAD Systems Engineer, you will be expected to define, validate and cascade functional and non-functional requirements targets to ensure that customer features provide an experience that customers love for life. You will be responsible for the creation of an executable Simulink model that defines the behaviour required to deliver a Use Case that supports the creation of an ADAS Feature. As well as this, you should expect to assist and contribute to the generation of targets and verification methods that are driven by Customer, Function Requirements and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
To get the best of your role, you will need to work with the Global markets to ensure market specific requirements are included in feature requirements and work with the regulation team to ensure the feature definition complies with new and existing global regulations. This will lead to you being able to deliver feature requirements through the System Engineering approval Process. In addition, you will need to work with the system delivery team to ensure targets are delivered through the system design process.
A successful candidate should anticipate the need to support the system architect to develop functional architecture models and perform impact analysis, develop System requirements at Logical (SRD) and develop interface control requirements (ICD). You will also complete functional failure analysis (FFA) with the support of system architect and drive system integration and test engineers for the development and implementation of test plans and test cases including test execution.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Good relevant experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment.
* Extensive Knowledge of Assisted and Automated Driving Systems
* Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering
* Knowledge of Customer Quality Process and Metrics
* Excellent communicator and the ability to present technical ideas and issues to all levels of the company.
* Ability to author and review requirements either through a model or throughts requirements defined in a structured format such as EARS
* Experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
* Experience in Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
* Experience in IBM Rational DOORS
* Working Experience of AGILE methods