Network Operations Specialist
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Closing date
- 13 Feb 2022
- Computing & IT, Defence
- Job Type
An opportunity has arisen in the Information Management Network Team for a Network Specialist with design and validation experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic / dynamic individual to work within the team in both Operational and Project role capacities. Overseas travel will be required as part of the role (Pandemic restrictions permitting). The candidate must be able to hold a security clearance level of SC (minimum) and be willing to be put forward for DV clearance.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum Cisco CCNP or equivalent Network certification essential (lapsed certification considered)
- Experience of Cryptography (commercial and military / high grade) essential
- Experience in multi-classification Network Design / Validation desirable
- Previous Aerospace sector experience or appreciation-of / working-at elevated security levels desirable
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities!
- Lead or assist with examination of non-standard or project requirements from partners including end customers, internal product-facing teams, IT colleagues, support and outsourcing partners and others.
- Liaison with colleagues and support partners to form an architecture
- Participate in project teams for large projects and lead/self-manage for smaller scale activities
- Support to project management colleagues in providing specialist technical support and consultancy for project activities
- Creation of documentation and presentation materials in support of business activities
- Close cooperation with security operating centre and information security teams to ensure the highest standards of secure design
- The Greater MBDA Network ‘Group’ team comprises of UK / FR / GE and IT members – although the team you are joining is primarily UK based, you will also be working with various team members of different Nationality depending on the project / work as required. All speak excellent English.
- You will be joining a dynamic, focussed team providing Network services into the MBDA business where we have a constant stream of projects – from upgrades through to totally new solutions that you will take part in: upcoming work includes a new Datacentre, new office buildings, and a new remote working solution to name a few.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert