MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Fantastic opportunity to be a lead financial business partner to a dynamic, and complex sector of the business. Provide financial support and oversight to multiple substantial long term contracts (orderbook >1.5bn), managing a team of two people. As well as financial management of existing contracts, the sector is one of significant potential for new business with further opportunities for product spiral development, providing scope to contribute meaningfully on a wide range of financial topics.
The successful candidate will form an important part of the cross-functional sector leadership team and must therefore be comfortable expressing their opinion and appropriately challenging the team to help drive optimal business/financial decisions.
What were looking for
- Qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA with post qualification experience or equivalent
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and conflicting demands and deadlines is essential.
- Prior experience in financial management of long terms contracts (IFRS 15) highly desirable.
- Experience of leading and developing team members is required.
- Experience of production contracts/UPC management is desirable, though not required
- Prior understanding of managing foreign currency transactions would be beneficial
- Comfortable working closely & communicating effectively with finance and non-finance colleagues.
Whats in it for you?
- Exciting opportunity to add value in a challenging and constantly evolving area of the business.
- Be part of an inclusive and supportive programme team
- Chance to develop team members and share experiences.
- Longer term lots of opportunity to move around the wider finance team into a variety of roles, e.g treasury, accounting, cost base, bidding.
- Actively participate in the cross functional sector leadership team, promoting financial awareness and supporting the programmes in achieving Budget / Plan performance, becoming a valued member of the team and providing robust financial insight and assistance.
- Actively seeking and driving improvements in working practices.
- Management and support to the development of a team of two.
- Preparation of the multi-year business plan and the annual budget for the sector
- Reporting, on a timely basis, achievement against these targets, including preparation of financial year outlooks.
- Financial management of contracts including: revenue & margin trading, bi-annual Estimate at Completion preparation, cash management, currency management, customer reporting/interfacing.
- Responsible for the integrity of financial records of each Contract interacting with external auditors.
Join a great team!You will be joining a group of enthusiastic and committed financial professionals, who are part of an international Finance team, always willing to go the extra mile to support each other.
The team at MBDA is a really welcoming, friendly and helpful group, with great team spirit (and various social occasions through the year!)
Our benefits*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK)!
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.