About the role
We are looking for an experienced .Net developer with solid experience developing applications using C# to join our multi-disciplined product development team. You will play an important role in developing applications for the programming, configuration and maintenance of Fire alarm control panels and associated equipment
- Produce code using .Net languages (C#, VB, .Net)
- Design, development and testing of new applications with a focus on the User Experience (UX)
- Support, Upgrade and Debug of existing applications
- Provide input to the development plan and update key stake holders on progress
- Develop comprehensive documentation throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Key skills, competency and experience required:
- Proven experience as a .NET Developer or Software Developer
- Proficient in C#, VB & .Net
- Knowledge of communications interfaces such as USB and Bluetooth
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Knowledge of fire detection systems an advantage
- Competent in document and code reviews
- UX/UI development
- Sound analytical and technical problem solving skills with the capacity to define cause and effect relationships, recognise and evaluate alternative options
- Customer focused
- Effective team player with excellent communication skills
- Positive outlook with a can do attitude
- Participate in a culture of Continuous Improvement
Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
Working at Fike
At Fike, our people are our strength. In order to fulfil our greatest potential, we are committed to attracting, growing and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Better, Together as oneFike! Our benefits package includes:
- Life Insurance: Death in service, non-contributory.
- Pension: After probationary completed 8% of gross basic salary paid into auto-enrolled company pension scheme.
- Salary Sacrifice: Schemes available for various benefits.
- Holiday: Initially 23 days + statutory public holidays, rising to 25 days with service.
Established in 1945, Fike Corporation is a global leader with an unprecedented reputation for providing the highest quality fire, explosion and pressure relief solutions. The company employs approximately 1100 people, with sales offices and manufacturing capabilities throughout North and South America, UK, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. We offer an extensive range of explosion, fire and overpressure protection equipment and focus on creating cost effective safety solutions.
Fike Safety Technology Ltd (FST) is located in Cwmbran and specialises in the design, manufacture and supply of Fire Detection and Fire Suppression products for European compliant markets.