Senior Internal Regulator
Internal Regulation (IR) provides an independent overview of the Company to the Executive and CEO on how AWE is performing in terms of safety, environment and security against our arrangements and industry good practice. IR has an overview of the whole programme and is a key part of steering and improving our performance from the working level to the Executive and is a unique challenge.
We are looking for an independent thinker to join the Internal Regulation team in providing challenge to the business and advice to the Assurance Director on safety, environment and security performance. You will need to be able influence the business, at all levels, in its drive for continual improvement in its ESH&Q performance.
As an Internal Regulator you will:
- routinely interact with AWE facility teams and Nuclear Licence Condition Owners to understand the current situation and future plans and
- also produce and manage a surveillance and inspection programme for a defined area in order to provide an overview on the performance of the business and report these findings to key stakeholders and governance bodies.
We are looking for the Internal Regulator to have:
- Extensive experience of working or regulating within a nuclear or other highly regulated environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills capable of influencing customers, stakeholders and other in the team
- Organisational and reporting skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to both reactive and routine requests
- Reporting, writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment Methodologies
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
- Experience of undertaking investigations and/or Audit (Preferred)
- Member of IOSH/IEMA/SRP or applicable institution (Preferred)
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role at AWE. AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions. AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and people with disabilities.