Salary: £31,931 to £44,166 per annum (Depending on skills and experience)
Contract Type: Open Ended
Location: Science and Technology Facilities Council, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Harwell, Oxfordshire.
Closing date: 15th February 2022
We now have 3 opportunities for passionate DevOps Engineers to join the Scientific Computing Department within our Cloud Operations Group, offering an excellent opportunity for career development and an exceptional benefits package.
You will join our ambitious team and work collaboratively with the End Users, System Administrators and the Service Manager to help tailor the Cloud environment to the needs of the End Users.
The role will require you to:
- Investigate, recommend and deploy new technologies, services and applications as required to enhance the service levels provided
- Assist the service manager with the on-boarding of new user communities to the Cloud
- Automate use of system tools and routine operations, enabling Cloud users to make a quick start
- Undertake relevant training in the operation of a production OpenStack Cloud.
We are looking for someone with:
- Expertise with software development and automated build, delivery and release of software
- Expertise of software engineering best practice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Experience of working in a Linux operating system environment.
For full details of this post please visit our job board.
The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) is one of Europe's largest research organisations. We're trusted to support, enable and undertake ground breaking projects in an amazing diversity of fields. Through world-class facilities and people, we're driving ground-breaking advances in science and engineering.
Our ISIS facility is a leading particle accelerator used to carry out research in the physical and life sciences. The facility performs pioneering research into the structure and properties of materials at atomic and molecular level, and is the most productive research centre of its type in the world.
We are offering a permanent position that provides a whole host of family friendly benefits including; 30 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), an excellent pension scheme, employee shopping/travel discounts, a salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, plus many more benefits and wellbeing initiatives that enable our employees to have a great work life balance.
UKRI is an Equal Opportunity & Disability Confident Employer.