This role will be as part of a NetReveal product development team but will focus heavily on the quality assurance aspects of client requirements being accelerating into the core product offering.
As a test automation developer you will also be expected to collaborate with fellow Scrum team members, the Scrum master, and Product Owner to refine Product User Stories and ensure release quality criteria are met.
Your development skills will be required to deliver test automation scripts for execution by the wider team. Through peer reviews and other engagements, it is expected that this role will adhere to standards and best practises for test automation programming tools and techniques.
The role will positively contribute towards test automation coding velocity, maintainability and re-usability.
What you will be doing
- Deliver quality assured automation scripts using web & API (REST/SOAP) based automation tools (e.g. Selenium, RestAssured)
- Coordinate with developers and product consultants to build and execute test cases for accelerated custom functionality being added to Product backlogs.
- Participate in daily scrum calls and use the body of knowledge to explain progress and propose possible solutions for blockers
- Work with scrum master during planning and refinement sessions to help agree backlog priority, with a focus on test activities for client requirements.
- Work with the leads to help collate quality metrics, and contribute to measures intended to increase automated test effectiveness and efficiency
- Apply proven ISTQB industry standards, along with supplementary methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way, and produce a consistently high standard of documentation of both a technical and a descriptive nature
- Experience of investigating root causes of functional issues and providing corrective actions - either individually or in conjunction with the development team
What we are looking for
- Design and develop automation scripts using automation tools (e.g. Selenium, RestAssured)
- Familiarity with any automated test framework preferably Cucumber, BDD etc. and should have contributed to the development/implementation of automation test tools
- Some experience with writing Java code
- Scripting and executing functional and non-functional tests
- Experience of planning and estimating test effort.
- Experience using defect and test management tools (e.g. JIRA) to track defects and manage tests
- Experience working with version control systems (e.g. Git)
- Some work experience using Linux
- Some work experience using Web Services (REST/SOAP)
- Some work experience using Application servers (WebSphere or Tomcat or JBOSS)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Should have worked on projects using Agile framework (understand stories, contribute during planning and refinements)
- Experience using IDEs (e.g. IntelliJ, Eclipse etc.)
Desirable Competencies and Experience
- Knowledge of Microservices architecture & Cloud Serverless technologies
- Experience working with Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Team City) and has high level knowledge of Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with cloud & containerisation (e.g. AWS, Azure, and Docker) like setting-up EC2 instances, deployment of applications
- Experience of writing SQLs, debugging, improving performance of SQL statements using Oracle 12C or 19C
- Test case design and execution to meet functional / use case requirements
- Deployment experience of automated test scripts using Jenkins (Continuous Integration)
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.