WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for a Model Based Systems Engineering Manager to be responsible for developing and delivering methods and tools. You will be working with the Software Systems Engineering Technical Specialists and the Systems Engineering community across the.
You will be responsible for with the network around the business to ensure Systems Engineering specialists, processes and tool development meets the needs of the Propulsion System Group and is class-leading for Jaguar Land Rover.
You will strive to ensure world-class Systems Engineering artefacts are captured in a traceable and accessible manner that provides critical input to the growing Jaguar Land Rover body of knowledge and enables flawless programme delivery.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Strong Systems Engineering community established and maintained across the group
* Evidence of a growing Body of Knowledge consisting of world-class Systems Engineering artefacts that are understandable and accessible to all
* Active management of Systems Engineering skills across the group with actions in place to maintain, develop, share skills across the community
* A growing body of Model Based Systems Engineering artefacts show how Quality, Prognostics, Reliability, Safety, Cyber, Networks and Architecture are integrated as part of everyday business, not by exception
* Delivery of Systems Engineering / MBSE process for the group
* Governance of Systems Engineering artefacts created by the group
* Active management skills development in the Systems Engineering community
* Accountable for Propulsion adoption of MBSE and upskilling of Systems Engineers
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
You will work to coach other areas of the business on Systems Engineering when required to support the overall business growth.
You will own skills development for individuals within the discipline to protect and build systems engineering competence at Jaguar Land Rover, including responsibility for securing adequate training, enabling role experience and development, and actively managing role rotation within the group.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Strong background in the application of structured engineering methodologies
* Experience in Model Based Systems Engineering methodologies is beneficial but not essential
* Experience in skills development for an engineering team.
* Team leadership & management skills
* Ability to build strong, valuable relationships at all levels of the business
* Systems Engineering methodologies, particularly MBSE and Feature Delivery
* Team leadership/management, particularly with large matrixed teams
* A self-starting visionary and Systems Engineering evangelist
* Self-motivated, with strong personal & team management capabilities
* Able to work with minimal supervision, engaging a wide range of stakeholders effectively
* Ability to work with a rapidly evolving business
* Pro-active in identifying and acting on needs for future improvements, technical or organisational