MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Location: Stevenage or Bristol
A truly unique and exciting opportunity has arisen at a very exciting phase of the FCASW programme to join us as a full time Scrum Master, to help us shape our transformation and help coach teams that are new to Agile & scrum.
As the team(s) Scrum Master you will play a pivotal role in enabling team(s) new to Agile shift to an Agile way of working. This is a transformational role that will be focused on team-level value, embedding agile ways of working at the team level and collaborating with the larger scaled Agile programme.
You will be expected to embed Agile practices, optimise team performance, be the servant leader and coach the team day-to-day in a complex programme landscape. And will need to adapt Agile ways of working to a challenging context. Therefore, the role demands balancing pragmatic application of Agile practices (today) while continually challenging the team, Product Owner and organization to improve its way of working while working with an emerging network of Agile coaches to improve the organisation (tomorrow).
What were looking for
- A passionate and energetic scrum master to guide and to help grow 1 or 2 small teams who are new to Agile and Scrum.
- A role model that enacts an Agile behaviours and the ability to coach others on the Agile mind-set, behaviours, frameworks and practices
- A strong coach, someone experienced and confident with coaching at both the team and the leadership level.
- An excellent facilitator, someone who can build psychological safety within their teams, and help protect and shield their teams from outside distractions
- Someone with experience of transformation and being part of a large change programme
- Experience of implementing a scaling framework like Scrum at Scale, LeSS, or NEXUS.
- Experience of applying scrum in a hardware or systems engineering context.
Whats in it for you?
- Work on one of the most exciting programmes within the defence sector
- You will help shape our future Agile transformation, a chance to share new ideas and to input into a wider change programme
- Continuous development and support to help you grow into an awesome Scrum Master and Agile coach
- Be part of a growing Agile community of practice within MBDA
- Coaching and mentoring to get the best out of your career.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK)!
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!