Software Engineer - Middleware
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Closing date
- 18 Feb 2022
- Project Engineering
- Job Type
We are looking for capable, adaptable and inquisitive software engineers to join a small talented team to help us develop middleware solutions for the next generation of advanced missile systems.
MBDA produce some of the most advanced missile systems in the world – we are looking for a software engineer to work with us to develop the next generation of products whilst maintaining our enviable reputation for safety, performance and dependability.
What we’re looking for
- A passion for low-level software engineering, be able to innovate, and critically think to solve complex software problems
- Comfortable working with a team in a collaborative environment, communicating and contributing to design and implementation decisions, and supporting with integration
- A desire to design, develop, implement and test modular and scalable code with consideration for safety and security
- Experience in the development of embedded software for COTS hardware and be comfortable working with target hardware within a lab environment
- A good background in software engineering with knowledge of Operating Systems, I/O, Memory Management, Networking, Concurrency and Scheduling
- Ideally some experience working with Intel and ARM chipsets, Linux, real-time operating systems and hypervisors
- Ideally experience working in a continuous integration environment and be familiar with tools such as Jenkins
- The middleware solutions target a large range of problems from hardware drivers to logging to web services. This provides a great opportunity for someone with a desire to be involved in many differing areas.
- The middleware solutions service multiple applications for numerous projects in the system software department. This allows the individual to be involved in many of the most advanced missile systems in the world, in multiple domains.
We’re a driven team with a passion for software and its successful deployment in battlespace weapon systems. We work on technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, delivering safe, secure, and reliable products for our customers.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert