MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
We are currently looking for a number of software engineers to join our Test Software department in Stevenage, Herts.
Salary: up to £60,000 (doe)
Our benefits: *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team at MBDA UK that is starting an exciting phase of transforming the way we develop and deliver software, putting our engineers at the heart of this transformation whilst developing software that facilitates testing across the whole of the MBDA UK product portfolio.
What were looking for
We are focussed on expanding our team with the right people that complement and enrich our culture while empowering our exciting transformation initiative. We are keen to learn from new people and passionate about building high performing teams.
- Previous software engineering experience in the development of test solutions
- Strong ability to write software in C / C++; experience with C# and scripting languages would be an advantage to our future direction.
- Previous experience working in an agile development team.
- A good understanding of automation, continuous integration and DevOps principles and practices
- Knowledge of electronics measurement and debug techniques using equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers
- Understanding of communications and serial interfaces such as RS422, RS485, Modbus, CAN and 1553
- Experience of Test Driven Development within a software engineering context and comfortable with practices like pair programming and lightweight design modelling
- A strong understanding of what is required to build high quality software and the ability to support quality practices
- Can articulate the benefits of key software craftsmanship practices like unit testing and good design
- Proactive and able to take ownership of the software development.
- Strong communication skills with a motivation for collaboration.
- Someone comfortable with change and understands the importance of continuous improvement within a modern software development team.
- Experience and knowledge of developing or supporting ADA would also be very useful but not crucial.
Whats in it for you?
- Chance to join a friendly, motivated team and play a part in its evolution!
- Working in a department supporting the whole product portfolio throughout the entire engineering lifecycle will give you the platform to significantly increase your engineering skills and knowledge.
- To input and shape how Software is developed at MBDA by introducing new development techniques and tools.
- Working closely with our colleagues across the UK and in France and Italy.
- Taking part in special interest groups and communities to improve how we develop software
- Great personal development opportunities through various learning and development initiatives to keep you skills at the forefront of software engineering
- A encouraging working environment enabling you to develop and grow your career in a company with expanding horizons.
Join a great team!
The UK Test Software team is a multi-disciplined, dynamic, focused and agile team of about 50 engineers specialising in all aspects of Test Solution design, including hardware, software and embedded real-time systems. Its a great place to learn about the companys entire product range.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.