MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
The Aerodynamics department has an exciting opportunity to join a team of highly experienced engineers working at the forefront of high speed missile aerodynamics. In this role you would find yourself a member of a team delivering highly innovative solutions for a wide range of missile systems.
Working as part of the aerodynamics team you will be involved in the aerodynamic design, characterisation and assessment of missile airframes, from early concept design through to in-service support and integration onto platforms. The role requires a broad range of knowledge and skills in the fields of aerodynamics, fluid dynamics, flight dynamics and propulsion, and presents the opportunity to use a range of CFD tools and methods, as well as in-house performance analysis tools. You may also be involved in physical wind-tunnel testing and the assessment of trials results. The activities cover free-flight, propulsion system installation aspects and the integration of our missiles onto air, land and sea platforms.
What we’re looking for
- A strong background in aerospace aerodynamics and a desire to get involved in innovative product development, with a proven record of delivering results to time, cost and quality.
- Experience using a range of CFD methods (steady and/or unsteady, RANS and/or DES) or conducting physical wind tunnel testing
- Experience with a programming/scripting language, such as Matlab or Python, would be beneficial
What’s in it for you?
- You will be working at the cutting-edge of missile aerodynamics as part of a team of specialist engineers, using some of the most sophisticated technology in defence.
- You will have the unique opportunity to work with a variety of hugely challenging flow regimes, ranging from low speed (subsonic & transonic) flow all the way through to high speed (supersonic & hypersonic)
- Opportunities to be a part of multi-function teams within MBDA, collaborating with systems design, mechanical design, thermal analysis, simulation & modelling and guidance, navigation & control, as well as working with external organisations such as the MOD, other aerospace companies & academia
- Access to a wide-range of opportunities to broaden skills and support your personal development.
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
You will be joining a team of approximately forty engineers who together form a world-class weapon aerodynamic design capability. This team has a broad range of specialist and multi-disciplinary skills and are involved in a wide range of activities, providing opportunities for working on and influencing the entire MBDA UK portfolio from the initial research and concept phase, through maturation and development, and into in-service support.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.