MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary is up to £45k DOE + bonus + benefits
The OpportunityAn opportunity has arisen within a small fast paced export focused team, who are part of a major UK/European Defence Contractor Sales and Business Development department, for an individual with energy and a strong work ethic to fulfil the dual role of Bidding and Commercial Officer.
The role would suit someone with previous project management, export sales, bidding or commercial experience or the desire to develop these, having a general sales/commercial background
- Supporting the International Sales Team target of £1bn of orders over 5 years
- Provide Export Bid / Proposal Management including, planning, controlling and all activities necessary for the proposal generation including costing, pricing and documentation set.
- Challenge and manage all actions within a multi-disciplinary environment (technical, engineering, commercial, procurement, legal, finance, customer support) to reach the global goal to deliver attractive proposals
- Lead company bids through internal business approvals to ensure our export proposals are win oriented, commercially astute and meet the business requirements
- Support contract negotiations
- Support the preparation and negotiation of industrial agreements
- Provide and Terms and Conditions expertise for domestic and export bids
Whats in it for you?
- You will be working with and have the support of a highly experienced team
- You will receive full induction training for the role
- You will be eligible to avail of continuous professional development throughout your career within the section
- Although Stevenage based you will have the opportunity for international travel in connection with the role
- Within months you will be actively engaged in exciting and complicated high value export contracts
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europes leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
Whats great about the team?
Commercial Operations is a diverse and committed team where team spirit and a good work/life balance is fostered
The team is dynamic and focussed, with abroad spectrum of experience in both domestic and export bidding, proposals and contracts.
The Commercial Operations department provides a progressive career path within the company
What are we looking for?
- A motivated, pro-active individual who has excellent person skills
- A person with an eye for both the big picture and the detail
- Commercial, Economic or Accountancy qualifications/background an advantage but not critical for the right person
- Experienced in people management or with the potential to be a strong leader and organiser
- You will have a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, as we work in a fluid and ever-changing bidding environment
- Strong Communicator
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.