MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary £51k to £55K DOE + benefits + bonus
Reporting to the Head of Project Control UK, the Project Control Manager will have overall responsibility for delivering Project Control resources and services into the UK Project teams acrossseveral MBDA product lines. They will provide functional development to the Project Control teams within their remit and interface with the Central Project Management Office in the development of tools, processes training and other initiatives.
The role will involve delivering the Workload Forecasting, Estimates at Completion, Management Information activities supporting internal and customer reporting, including SRA, EVM and IBR.
You will also engage in transversal activities, be a focal point for communications data collection and analysis for area of remit.
It is essential that the Project Control Manager will ensure staff are engaged and developed to their full potential, whilst also contributing to the strategy for, and drive functional development in Project Control.
- Actively sponsor the strategic vision for improvement to efficiency, quality and innovation.
- Be pivotal in the delivery of the Project Control change and transformation programmes, leading cost, time and resource for the product linesarea of responsibilityand its customers.
- Deliver best practise and functional excellence through the promotion and change where necessary
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, with the ability to win hearts and minds of others and guiding the team through challenges.
- Be the go to expert for instruction, regulation and direction to team members and internal customers.
- Act as a mentor for others within the community, delivering the right training and learning to maximise their full potential.
- Communicate with all levels effectively; challenge, negotiate and influence to achieve the desired goals/outcomes, in a complex stakeholder environment.
- Have the commercial and financial awareness, business strategy and understanding to deliver great Project Control.
Join a great team!
The Project Controls team is a truly collaborative team.
As a team, we are at the heart of the projects, constantly challenging and improving working practices.
You will be supported, but are trusted to act autonomously and make decisions as required in order to achieve the best possible results.
What were looking for
- Strong team leadership skills and people management experience
- Experience in Primavera at enterprise planning level, methodical approach to work and proactive planner
- Technical expertise in planning large engineering projects
- Experience in a broad range of enterprise business management tools including Oracle / SAP systems
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, able to build effective relationships
- Effective coach and mentor.
- Assertive with effective negotiation skills
- May hold a recognised qualification Project Management Professional (PMI) skills
Whats in it for you?
Working in an exciting, complex and changing environment, there are opportunities to add value and make a difference in delivering capability to our customers.
The chance to lead projects across international and functional boundaries and to work with internal and external stakeholders.
Exposure to working within a vibrant Project Controls community
There is a high level of interaction between functional directorates and customers within UK and our European counterparts.
We have an open forum to share best practice and innovative methodologies, so that we can continue to learn and evolve.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.