MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary £51k to £55K DOE + benefits + bonus
Various exciting Pr
oject Control Leads opportunities have arisenacross a number of programmes inthe business.
The Project ControlLead is theProject Controlrepresentative at the centre of the business team within MBDA and embedded within Project Management Office.
The rolehas full accountability, and overall responsibility, for delivering Programme and Project Control Services to a product line, sector or a directorate.
Responsible for the day to day operations of the deployed Project Controlstaff into each area within MBDA, theProject ControlLead will ensure that the required project control input is maintained through effective line management of their team.
These are the key objectives for this role:
- Supporting the wider business team to ensure the Programme or Project objectives, targets and constraints are captured
- Leading the team, settingProject ControlService Cycles, defining resolutions and quality Standards, whilst assuring repeatability and quality at all levels, providing the Programme or Project in MBDA with effective visibility of the projects plans and progress
- Define the project structures (organisation breakdown, work breakdown and cost breakdown structure) taking into account contractual clauses, finance constraints and project management Standards
- Produce budgets and Estimates at Completion, ensuring that the scope is defined and validated at each step.
- Prepare, investigate and validate the change process to update or transfer budget.
- Collect and analyse progress data (schedule, cost, technical progress, resources) and variations from planned progress using techniques such as Earn Value Management.
- Accountable for Developing effective Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA) for the Programme and defining programme Baseline Management
- Identify if adaptive action is required to correct variances in cost, schedule, milestones, resources and place the action. Update the project plans and re-baseline if necessary.
- Working with each function, prepare a Workload Forecast for the projects.
- Be a spokesperson and advocate for Project Management Office across the business.
Join a great team!
TheProject Controlteam is a truly collaborative team! As a team, we are at the heart of the projects within MBDA, constantly challenging and improving working practices.
You will be supported, but are trusted to act autonomously and make decisions as required in order to achieve the best possible results.
What were looking for
- Strong team leadership and management skills
- Experience in Primavera P6 at enterprise planning level, methodical approach to work and proactive planner
- Technical expertise in planning large engineering projects
- Experience in a broad range of enterprise business management tools including Oracle / SAP systems
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, able to build effective relationships
- Effective coach and mentor.
- Assertive with effective negotiation skills
- May hold a recognised qualification Project Management Professional (PMI) skills
Whats in it for you?
Working in an exciting, complex and changing environment, there are opportunities to add value and make a difference in delivering capability to our customers.
The chance to lead projects across international and functional boundaries and to work with internal and external stakeholders.
Exposure to working within a vibrant Project Controls community
There is a high level of interaction between functional directorates and customers within UK and our European counterparts.
We have an open forum to share best practice and innovative methodologies, so that we can continue to learn and evolve.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.