At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Are you an experienced Kanban practitioner, Scrum Master or Agile Coach who wants to contribute to real agile delivery, working on projects that matter?
Due to the success of a number of strategic programs, we are growing our community of Agile practitioners, Scrum Masters and coaches. With a primary focus on Kanban in a large-scale delivery programme, your role will be to facilitate the most effective application of agile principles and practices to meet our customers’ emerging mission needs.
You will work with a team of agile teams using Kanban to build and support software applications that provide crucial capability for our customer’s mission. You’ll act as a ‘servant leader’ to the teams, helping them to work effectively together to deliver maximum value to our customers.
- Act as a servant-leader and facilitator to support teams in the day-to-day operation of their lean-agile practices
- Empower the teams to self-organise and to take collective responsibility for delighting customers through development of high-quality products
- Build a trusting, safe environment within the teams where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged
- Actively facilitate team events and supporting activities such as backlog refinement to ensure that the relevant objectives are achieved
- Promote effective engagement between the teams and their stakeholders, including by protecting the integrity of the teams' process to enable predictable delivery
- Help the teams to identify coherent and achievable goals in consultation with stakeholders
- Support the teams in optimising flow through their process, identifying and addressing impediments and bottlenecks, and taking action to remove them where appropriate
- Drive sustainable continuous improvement, including by collating and deriving insights from data
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency and making information visible
- Contribute to the identification of training and development needs, for the teams as a whole and for individual team members as required
- Support teams or individuals to improve performance and achieve goals through coaching and mentoring
- Provide training to impart or reinforce knowledge of Lean-Agile concepts, tools and practices
- Take responsibility for your own professional development through training, mentoring, professional memberships etc.
- Support Northrop Grumman's growth by providing input to business development and capture activities as required
- Demonstrate the Northrop Grumman Leadership Characteristics at all times
- Practical experience of servant leadership within agile teams
- Thorough knowledge of agile principles, practices and methods, particularly Kanban
- Holds a recognised Lean, Kanban or Scrum Master certification e.g. Six Sigma, TKP, KMP1/2, PSK, CSM, PSM I, SSM
- Excellent organisational and facilitation skills
- Self-starting mentality and willingness to take ownership of difficult challenges
- Desire to drive change, implement new ways of working and think "out of the box"
- Ability to engage and influence effectively at all levels, internally and externally
- Experience of developing / mentoring less experienced Agile practitioners
- Holds an advanced Kanban or Scrum certification e.g. AKT, PSM II
- Experience of and/or certification in agile-at-scale framework e.g. SAFe, LeSS, Nexus
- Experience of Agile Coaching or qualifications including ICP-ATF, ICP-ACC or ICE-AC
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.