Are you looking to join a dynamic and innovative organisation at the forefront of Cyber engineering within the Defence sector?
Northrop Grumman are seeking a Senior Test Automation Engineer with experience in the automation of software and integration testing solutions.
Different thinking for a Different world
As a market leading defence and security provider, with international reach, Northrop Grumman have been at the leading edge of the defence, logistics, communications and information security sectors for over three decades.
Providing innovative solutions across a diverse product range, Northrop Grumman boasts over 2,500 employees across Europe and a rapidly expanding UK operation and is constantly seeking new and unparalleled solutions to demands across everything from autonomous systems to real time battlespace communications and data analysis solutions.
As a part of Northrop Grumman you will be given the opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving our mission.
With a belief in rewarding the dedication shown by our staff, Northrop Grumman gives employees access to a benefits package that provides you with health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development, but most importantly the flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life.
How you will make a difference
As a Senior Test Automation Engineer you will play a key role in configuring and building automated test solutions for technically challenging and complex business critical systems. Own the creation of test documentation, scenarios and data. Ensuring they are thoroughly tested and fit for purpose through the application of both traditional and cutting edge testing techniques under an Agile way of working which creates a dynamism not usually found outside of start-ups.
Within Northrop Grumman, the ability to innovate within test is key and we have immediate opportunities for Lead Test Automation Engineers who can take the lead role in the testing sphere especially in test automation, is forward thinking and able to work with a multitude of technologies.
We would expect you to have the following (whilst we appreciate you may not have knowledge/experience of all the technologies listed below we would expect that you have relevant experience in technologies similar to the ones listed below, or expertise in one and knowledge of others and possess transferrable skills to these technologies):
• ISTQB Foundation/Intermediate Certificate in Software Testing
• Solid experience of the SDLC, agile methodologies/principles and dev-ops tools and techniques
• Experience of automated integration, system and non-functional testing
• Ability to translate both business and technical requirements into testable scenarios
• Self-motivated and able to coach/mentor/inspire others in test best practice, focused on quality outcomes
• Aptitude to learn new technologies quickly
• Experience of test management tools such as Atlassian suite, Test Rail,
• Experience of working with TDD, BDD or similar test frameworks
• Good knowledge of Continuous Integration Technologies such as Jenkins, Bamboo….
• Experience of functional and non-functional testing
• Experience in Linux and Windows operating systems
• Experience in authoring and reviewing comprehensive test documentation
In addition the following skills are highly desirable:
• ISTQB Automation Test Engineer
• iSQI Certified Agile Tester (CAT)
• Experience with Software Configuration Management tools such as Git, Stash….
• Experience of Government working practices
You will enjoy a growing career as we work collaboratively to innovate the world of cyber security.
You must be able obtain and hold UK Government clearances
Opportunities exist across the UK to enhance your career progression
Being a part of Northrop Grumman gives you the opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving our mission, something we always remember. In return for working for us you will have access to a benefits package that provides you with flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life, health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development.
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status, including race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.