At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Are you a business analyst who wants to join a leading cyber team within an evolving and dynamic organization? Due to the success of a number of strategic programs, we are growing our delivery capability with creative and ambitious business analysts. Your role will be to facilitate interactions between users and technical teams, to ensure delivered capabilities meet our customers' emerging mission needs.
As a Business Analyst, you will
- Work with customer stakeholders to capture and elaborate requirements, including strategic, business and technical requirements;
- Ensure business benefit is articulated and used to drive prioritisation of work;
- Assess business impact of solution prior to deployment and develop and implement mitigation strategies;
- Facilitate large scale workshops and meetings (for example PI meetings);
- Act as a coach to Product Owners and other team members where necessary
- Act as a proxy product owner where necessary to plan and prioritise work
- Effectively manage relationships, including managing client expectations on behalf of NG and managing user expectations on behalf of the project.
- Work with cross organisational SMEs to understand technology improvements and impacts for Change initiatives.
- Contributes to the development of NGs Business Analysis capability by developing internal standards and managing staff as necessary
- Analytical degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and methodologies to define business problems;
- Experience of requirements capture and management
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Skills in influencing and negotiation methods and techniques
- A good understanding of available and emerging IT technologies
- An ability to understand how IT supports our customers' requirements
- Capable of dealing with conflicting priorities between different specialist groups within a fast paced Agile environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at different levels within the organisation, including senior management, operations personnel and customers
- Experience of developing business analysis skills in others Desirable criteria
- Diploma in Business Analysis or equivalent
- Experience of working in a technical role
- Understanding of business change and user experience methodologies
- Understanding of project delivery in Lean/Agile environments and knowledge of Scrum and Kanban teams
- Experience of working in a SAFe delivery role
- Experience of using Atlassian Jira/ IBM RTC suite, or similar product lifecycle software packages
- Experience of working with UK government
- Experience leading and managing a team
Additional Information: Applicants must hold and maintain UK Government clearances Being a part of Northrop Grumman gives you the opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security.
Looking for flexibility? At Northrop Grumman UK we have hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about what may be possible.
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.