MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: Up to £45k DOE + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
The Engineering Design Capabilities Team is responsible for providing comprehensive business user support in a wide range of Design IT systems and capabilities across the engineering communities including the companys new Collaborative PLM and CAD toolsets.
A phenomenal opportunity has arisen to join the team to represent the business in providing user support on the implementation, take-up and future evolutions of Electronic Computer Aided Engineering Tools. As the dedicated subject matter expert of ECAE Tools you will be responsible for the choice, configuration and management of the toolsets within MBDA UK.
You will oversee ground-breaking ECAE new tool and technology evaluations and their subsequent deployment to support the Electronics Design and Manufacturing Teams continuous improvement initiatives.
The Electronics tools and associated CAD Part Library is centralised and there is a requirement for international synchronisation so working closely with an international team.
What were looking for
- Experience in ECAE design tools - ideally for Circuit/PCB design. Experience in other FPGA/Firmware design tools would be beneficial.
- You will need to be familiar with Circuit Design principles and be aware of electronic packaging, high-speed circuit design requirements, Component Data Sheets and characteristics.
- Attention to detail and ability to discuss and explain the intricacies of ECAE tool configurations/operation and the company processes governing their use.
- Someone that has a good communication and engagement background with strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Desirable but not essential to have experience of the development and maintenance of a CAD library.
- Knowledge of fundamental Electronic & Mechanical Design principles would be beneficial.
Whats in it for you?
- This role provides an opportunity to become a subject expert in the domain of ECAE and related tools.
- This role provides opportunities to work closely with highly capable design teams to get an understanding of how design toolsets are utilised and supporting a ground breaking implementation of a Product Lifecycle Management system.
- Supervisory role for a small team of technically competent individuals
- Working with both national and international engineers, in a friendly and supportive domain, provides one of the best environments to further career aspirations and achieve a real feeling of success.
- There are plenty of opportunities to learn, take ownership and expand personally to the level of experience and aspiration that one may have.
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
The Engineering Design Capabilities Team is dedicated to providing first class CAD and IT support across MBDA. The tools we manage are key digital tools for MBDA and provides a backbone for engineering data. This specialist team is well respected, supportive and operates in a friendly environment both within the team and within the greater Engineering functions.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.