If you are a graduate of a technical university and consider to start your professional carrier journey in software testing or made your first steps as a software tester and want to develop yourself further in the field of testing a scalable web application in the banking sector, this is an offer for you.
A test engineer is the gatekeeper to the quality of our deliveries to our customers around the world. Our systems support Governments and Customers around the World in helping them defend against cyber threats and so they must be able to rely on the quality of our products. The test engineer has the opportunity to work across the system lifecycle from test definition to customer acceptance and can directly influence the outcome of our projects.
The role focuses on defining and creating test cases by analysing functional specifications and creating test plans for areas of functionality. You will be using test management software to record test cases, structure their repository, plan out test suits for execution and report on execution progress. Join the team and you will have the opportunity to work with an international team of analysts, consultants and developers.
Essential skills and knowledge
- Good knowledge of an Test Management tool (e.g. TestLink, Zephyr)
- Familiarity with Defect Tracking and Knowledge Management tools (preferred: Atlassian JIRA and Confluence)
- Good knowledge of SQL and working with SQL IDE (e.g. Oracle SQL Developer)
- Ability to converts software specification into test cases
- Some experience of performing System Tests
- Desire to gain technical knowledge from projects members and BAE test community
- Upper intermediate English, minimum at B2 level (ability to clearly communicate with English speakers in the workplace)
Desirable competencies and experience
- ISTQB Foundation Qualification
- 1 year of experience in planning, estimating, designing and executing system tests
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of investigating root causes of discovered issues, either individually or in collaboration with the project team
- Security Check (minimum) clearance or the ability to gain it
- Opportunity for travel, including international travel
- Flexible working options (project dependent)
- Competitive benefits package including pension, share incentives, private health care, multisport, lunch card etc.
- Training and development opportunities
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Financial Services
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the financial sector is one of the biggest targets for cyber-attacks. Our Financial Services business unit is responsible for all of our clients in the financial sector and handle all areas of these relationships. AI’s Financial Services Division helps banks, insurers and other major financial institutions to combat fraud, unauthorised trading and money laundering, and meets their regulatory compliance obligations.
As a member of the Financial Services business unit, you will be responsible for providing critical services to clients in the financial sector and ensure that we remain a leading name in cyber security. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.