MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Do you enjoy investigating problems? Do you thrive on creating innovative opportunities to test cutting edge hardware and software? Then this is the role for you!
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Qualification, Integration and Proving Engineer, to join our RF Seekers Team within the Seekers and Datalink Systems Department, based at our site in Stevenage.
You will be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative seeker solutions from complex requirements. The Qualification and Proving team are critical to the product development process, being closely involved through each stage of development.
The role is very broad; you will gain a detailed understanding of RF Seeker design as well as building experience working with capable teams across all development activities, supporting cutting edge modelling techniques, diverse trials scenarios and lab-based proving and integration activities.
What are we looking for?
- Passion and persistence to get a job done and done well
- Someone to challenge the norm and push the boundaries of what is possible
- Experience proving system and subsystem level functionality, SW/FW integration and proving
- Ability to diagnose system failures and their likely causes: hardware/software/firmware/design
- Great communication skills are a necessity to be able to communicate with all levels of the project and disseminate technical information to stakeholders in an understandable manner
- Ability to build excellent working relationships with team members and external departments, suppliers and customers and other key stakeholders
- Desire to develop, build and grow the proving team and the people within it as the project progresses
- Familiarity with RADAR, control systems and digital signal processing is desirable
What is in it for you?
- You will be part of a close-knit, hardworking, and highly motivated team striving to develop one of the worlds most advanced Seeker and Missile technologies
- You will be a key part of this cutting edge development, seeing your hard work and determination drive the product successfully into service with the armed forces
- MBDA is the highest ranked technical company in the Times UK top 25 Employers survey, career development is a key priority, career progression through both formal and on the job training is provided.
- You will gain experience in weapon technologies both at system and hardware levels.
- There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK to other MBDA sites and trials sites
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Whats great about the team?
Youll be joining a rapidly developing product area within MBDA, with many exciting opportunities to work on both new and established subsystems and products.
The teams have a common goal for the delivery of products and design solutions that meets the customers requirements to the agreed quality, schedule and cost. Youll be able to significantly contribute to meeting the expectations of both MBDA and the customer.
The project offers you the opportunity to work within a specialist team developing and managing technically challenging technology within MBDA.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.