MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer with a broad knowledge and understanding of Mechanical Engineering. We are looking for someone with experience of working at Mechanical system level to define overall system physical layouts, down selection of appropriate Mechanical Technologies and an understanding of the design of mechanical interfaces to subsystems to join Europes number one missile system provider, developing Missile Concepts in collaboration with our Future Systems Design Team for the next generation of Complex Weapons.
You will be working on developing the overall Physical Concept of the missile system to meet the future needs of the MoD customer and on a variety of future missile systems and therefore be required to have a broad knowledge across multiple Mechanical Engineering disciplines. Having an appreciation of other engineering disciplines related to missile systems, such as Aerodynamics and Propulsion Systems, is desirable.
You will have experience of early system requirement evolution, concept development and down selection, subsystem packaging and experience of collaborating in multi-discipline teams. You will need to be familiar with ways of working which allow a broad range of concept options to be studied through conducting design studies to a sufficient depth.
What were looking for
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC Qualified plus broad knowledge and experience in Mechanical Design working at Mechanical System Level
- Experience of working on rapid development activities and autonomous working.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
- A willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, able to set priorities and deal with multiple issues.
- The awareness and understanding of cultural differences with the ability to adapt accordingly
- Familiarity with concept and technology development and down selection methodologies, such as Functional Means Analysis and Pugh Matrices
- Knowledge of Final Assembly, Integration and Test (AIT) is desirable
- An understanding of the Structural and Thermal considerations of Mechanical Design
- Wider awareness of other disciplines such as Aerodynamics, Propulsion Systems, Electronic Packaging and Low Observability, would be beneficial
- Relevant 3D CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given).
Whats in it for you?
- Working on challenging engineering problems and receiving structured skills development.
- The opportunity to work on multiple future projects in collaboration with other specialist areas such as Systems and Aerodynamics to develop concepts which meet the customer's future needs.
- Proposing ideas for future research and development topics and obtaining funding to develop these ideas within the Function.
- Provided with training in specific aspects of advanced technology applications for weapon system and weapon system sub-system design.
- The potential to work on multi-national projects with the associated international travel.
- The role provides great opportunities for personal development including Chartership and Professional Accreditation.
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join great team!
- You will be joining a like-minded enthusiastic team, working on a diverse range of challenging engineering problems
- Many of our projects are ground breaking and so you can expect to develop and use the latest technologies.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.