MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
An opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer with drive, enthusiasm, creativity and logical thinking to join Europes number one missile system provider, developing Technologies and Capabilities for insertion into the next generation of Complex Weapons.
You will be working on Research and Development projects to develop the Mechanical technologies and Capabilities required to meet the challenges presented by Future Products. You will work on a wide variety of topics and be required to have a broad knowledge across multiple Mechanical Engineering disciplines.
You will have experience of technology development and ideally experience of collaborating with SMEs and Academia. An appreciation of operating in a high certification environment and experience of inserting technologies into products is highly desirable.
What were looking for
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC Qualified plus experience in Mechanical Design, particularly in research and development, and ideally a track record of inserting technology into products
- Capable of managing work packages, rapid development activities and autonomous working.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
- You will have a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, able to set priorities and deal with multiple issues.
- Have the awareness and understanding of cultural differences with the ability to adapt accordingly.
- An understanding of the Structural and Thermal considerations of Mechanical Design
- Wider awareness of other disciplines such as Electronic Packaging, Aerodynamics and Low Observability, would be beneficial
- Relevant 3D CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given).
Whats in it for you?
- You will be working on challenging engineering problems and will receive structured skills development.
- You will work on multiple research projects to enhance MBDAs Mechanical Engineering technologies and capabilities
- You will have the opportunity to propose ideas for future research topics and obtain funding to develop these ideas within the Function.
- You will be trained in specific aspects of advanced technology applications for weapon system and weapon system sub-system design.
- You will have the potential to work on multi-national projects with the associated international travel.
- The role provides great opportunities for personal development including Chartership and Professional Accreditation.
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
- You will be joining a like-minded enthusiastic team, working on a diverse range of challenging engineering problems
- Many of our projects are ground breaking and so you can expect to develop and use the latest technologies.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.